OT kinda, My Pay Pal Foo-pa or Ooops

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT kinda, My Pay Pal Foo-pa or Ooops
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

Well after over 1000 E-bay auctions, and hundreds of pay pal sales and buys, with no real problems, I screwed up today. It all started when I bought some tire chains from Royce Peterson today in the classifieds. I was going to pay the 50.00 for the parts and shipping with pay-pal. When I went to pay-pal to send the money to him, I choose "send money to a friend" We are all supposed to be friends here, and I usually use that option as there are no fees for either party. And if the dollar amount is not high I do not ever worry about it. Well when I was typing everything in to send the 50.00, a menu of names of previous friends and family jumped up. Right there on the screen was R. Peterson in all its glory. So being lazy I just clicked it. and hit send money. Well immediately I knew I had messed up, as the next screen had a different e-mail address than Royce's address. It also had the name Robert Peterson as the name on that screen and not just R. Peterson. I have always had a fear of accidently sending the money to the wrong person and never seeing it again. Well not immediately recognizing the name. What do I do. It seems there is no easy way to refund yourself. Pay pal requires you to contact the person and ask for the money back. So I sent off a e-mail explaining what I had did wrong and asking for a refund, trying not to sound like some scam artist in the process. While I was typing the e-mail Robert Peterson sent me a e-mail wondering why I sent him some money. Then I remembered that I had bought a NOS model T hood blanket from him a few weeks ago on the forums classifieds. That is why his name showed up in my contact list. He even went as far as to call me, and we had a nice conversation, and he has already refunded the Ooops back to my account. I just want to say thanks and give a heads up to another honest Model T collector, who did not have to go out of his way to help fix my problem, but he did. So the moral of this story (if it has one) is do not be lazy and just click on the easy little menu item that pay pal puts up there for you ... and it is nice to know we still have honest people in the world. Thanks again to Robert ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

Oh, I thought the moral would be "don't do business with Royce Peterson". :-)

Sorry Royce. It was just to darn easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 07:13 am:

Donnie,

Please add my name to your contact list then I will sit here and hope you send money again soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 09:16 am:

Darn it Dennis, you beat me to it!! :-)

Donnie nice to hear it all worked out and that there are good people out there still!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration