I missed my car's 100th Birthday!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I missed my car's 100th Birthday!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Egads, how did that happen?? My car turned 100 years old on December 10 and I forgot about it! Maybe I can claim it wasn't actually assembled until later??? :-)
I guess I was so busy dealing with Linda's modern car's woes that the day just slipped by. I should have at least gone into the garage and said a few words to Henrietta. My Bad! When I got her, it WAS my intention to be driving her by her 100th, but alas, it is not to be for some time yet.
Meantime, I need to bug the HCCA for a 100-year-old plaque!
Well, Merry Christmas everyone! Hope your day is safe & that Santa leaves you good things. You know, if you have a steam engine, coal in the stocking is a good thing! I saw a card today, shows a snowman looking in his stocking and he says, "Two Lumps of coal??!!!" and you open it up and see his face and he's exclaiming,"I can see!!"
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

I kinda missed mine also. It was 104 years old this month. Can't find the date in December but I did drive the heck out of it this month. She must have thought she was back in California the way the weathers been.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

What's the vcca? They have placks? How do I get one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Never mind. I found the HCCA. Stupid auto correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

David,
Coulda been worse. You could have forgotten your wife's birthday. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

David, you can make it up to your Henryetta, just give her a belated birthday gift of a quart of oil and give her the other 3 as a Christmas gift (covering both vases at once), or splurge and give her 4 quarts for her birthday and a new exhaust pipe for Christmas...I'm sure she'll forgive you...either way it's a winner. :-)

Merry Christmas all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 10:44 pm:

I did not observe the centennial of my touring. It is down with a broken crankshaft and it is difficult to get excited.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 02:37 am:

Henry,
That's a hard one to forget--it's two days after mine! Anniversary isn't hard to remember either, it's 9-11 :-( Now what year it is; well, I do have problems with that!
Next May is my DB touring's 100th B-Day, and it too will not likely be running YET either!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 02:53 am:

David, one of my Daughter's anniversary is on 9-11 too. We were kind of concerned about that at the time, but we all decided that it would be nice to have something good on that date.
My coupe was 90 years old sometime this year, not sure just when. I haven't checked it out as yet. It's going to be treated to a new Larry Smith exhaust pipe! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 02:59 am:

David, thanks for the reminder, my DB touring will be 100 next week! I had not even thought about it. I still think of century old cars as horseless carriages, not something I hop in and drive anywhere at the drop of a hat. I'll have to throw it a party and take pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 03:23 am:

David,
My Nephew's birthday also falls on 9-11 (We Dewey's like to keep things together! :-) )
Erik, I have your LS Exhaust pipe here, I keep forgetting to post you!
Merry Christmas All!
(I'm up because I'm waiting for Linda to go to BED so I can get her surprise out! She'll get up abut 5:30 to go to work--yes work! (And while she's at work, I'm gonna set up a little tree & her "real" packages under--well, beside, it.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 04:42 am:

David, is her surprise the engine for her car!!? Sorry, couldn't resist. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 10:25 am:

It's been a busy year for us. In October we traveled to southern Idaho to celebrate my grandmother's 100th birthday. At our club meeting on Nov 19 we celebrated Daisy's 100th birthday (11//23/15). It helped distract attention from my 60th that day. Two weeks later we traveled to Florida for the wife's grandmother's 100th on 12/6. After I returned home I went back to work on the restoration of the 16 roadster with casting date 9/23/16! Now beat that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

David, don't let Henrietta talk to SaraJane, When I do something like that she refuses to start when pretty girls are watching! Makes my feeble attempt to "show-off" look pitiful:-( But with a tankful on non-alcoholic gas she usually forgives me:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

David,
Nope, thanks to fellow T Forum member, Les Van Nordheim, we have a "new" engine for her car! Just have to wait for her work schedule & the shop's schedule to coincide and the transplant will happen!
Here's a pic of my 100 year-old take a few years ago, It looks pretty much the same today, except you can't see it for all the stuff around it! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 04:15 pm:

Don't feel bad David. I was just reading that Ford missed the one millionth Model T because they were too busy to notice as it went down the line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

I've got a couple of 100 year old T's. They always look the same. I don't need a plaque either. Believe it or not, I can still do some math. But I guess some folks like to put plaques on their firewalls! Oh well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Hey Larry,
Nearly free thing to have about the car, I'm there! Just call me "Mr. CHEAP!"--I ain't frugal, I'm CHEAP!
:-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration