What's a fair price ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What's a fair price ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Ashmead on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Hi...
I posted a question earlier with pics of the early 1925 steel bed to verify that is what it is.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/597406.html?1451011217

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/597419.html?1450986219

Thank you for helping me confirm it is a 25.
I am pondering selling it. What is a fair price for this bed?
Any ball park ideas would be helpful.
Thank you...Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

I saw one like that at Chickasha 3 years ago that was a 25. It had the tailgate with it along with the usual dings and patched up places. It needed some work but it was restorable. I wanted it for my 1919 Roadster. I went back to make an offer of 350.00 near the end of the last day.
He was asking 500.00 the day before and it was gone the time I got there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Ashmead on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

I had one a few years ago that came with a pile of parts. It was in good but rusty surface, no rust through and minor dents only. Someone from Arizona was happy to snatch it up for $750.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

That one needs a lot of work, and it's missing the tailgate. That will really affect its value. Over the last several years, I've sold three '25 pickup beds. They were all complete, with tailgates. The worst was much nicer that the one in your photos. It went for $550. If I were trying to sell the one in your photos, I'd feel lucky if I got $300 for it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration