Working A 25 And Driving Home With All Your Fingers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Working A 25 And Driving Home With All Your Fingers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 12:12 am:

Not sure if this was posted before, but i don't remember seeing it...very cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U31vL8s-uE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 12:59 am:

That is WAY cool John. The sing of that buzz saw reminds me of our neighbor back in the mid fifties sawing wood with a Farmall Regular with a buzz saw mounted on the front. No other sound like it. Thanks for posting that. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 01:39 am:

Thanks so much for posting that.....
That was a real treat...The engine sound on the P/UP is perfect...Just how a Model T should sound...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 01:44 am:

When I saw him get in on the left I realized it was a Canadian car. I hadn't thought of BC looking like that, but it makes sense that eastern BC would look a lot like eastern Washington and Oregon. That's a very well done video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 02:44 am:

I got to thinking(dangerous!), I think I remember seeing a video of his Dad running that saw sometime back. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:40 am:

What a great tribute to his Father to do a video like that. That is one of the best videos I have seen posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 09:16 am:

Nicely done. And a very sharp saw blade. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur Dewey Asher Washington IL on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

A really great video. Thanks for sharing. Dewey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

That was fun! I wonder if he has a Model T powered log splitter too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Too cool! I guess it's a Canadian body, since I saw him getting in the left door. Also, I think the bed is from a Model A?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

I like it!! There is a good lesson for buzz saw builders here-Wood slides better on a metal table than wood!!! We stoped buzzing in 1992.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

We stopped using the buzz saw around 1964. I remember for years watching my Dad feed the logs well my brother and I caught the smaller stuff coming off the saw and tossed it up on the truck. The bigger stuff would get pushed aside for splitting before it went on the load. I was always afraid for my older brother when he was standing by that big open blade. But it never seemed to bother me when I had to be there. We ran it off the PTO on a Farmall F14 tractor. Once when I was really young I went to climb up onto the seat of the tractor. My pant leg got tangled in the PTO shaft. It twisted me up and I hung on while I spun around a few laps inside the drawbar of the tractor. I was cut and scraped from my feet to my chest and at 65 years old I can still see the scars and remember vividly ho it happened. The thing I remember most was the Doctor spraying anti septic on the abrasions and how bad it stung when he sprayed it into some very private very painful places. It was a tough lesson on the farm that day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Several things I wonder. Where? It looks a bit like the eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada maybe between Bishop and Reno?

I also wonder why he takes off the belt when he finishes running the saw, and also why he starts the engine before putting the belt back on?

Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

Norm, The creator of the video answered some questions in the comments at Youtube - it's filmed on his property in Cherry Creek, British Columbia, Canada.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

John,

GREAT video. Thanks!!

Norm,

I imagine he takes the belt off when he's finished to prevent it from stretching. It's also a guess, but I think he waits to put it on until after he's started the engine for the same reason some folks jack up one rear wheel to start their T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

I didn't know it looked like that in British Columbia! I have only been in Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration