Mis-labeled Ford-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mis-labeled Ford-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 08:47 am:

I know you guys will know what the car on the left is, but it really looks like it has a Ford logo on the front. Do you suppose they were trying to fool the neighbors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 08:52 am:

Franklin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 08:53 am:

and a Maxwell/charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 09:01 am:

Maybe its an experimental Model K?? or ? Just kidding!

I have wondered when Ford started using the 'Ford' script logo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 10:39 am:

I think it's a Franklin. Part of the logo is hidden behind the headlight which makes it look like Ford.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 11:03 am:

1908 Franklin Race Car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 11:05 am:

I'm guessing a 1906/07 Franklin, possibly a 6 cylinder due to the length of the hood.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 11:17 am:

i have seen a 6 cly mod h, this car is not near big enough.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

Egads, now I know what was stashed in the barn on the road to Etna when I was in High School. It was described to me, but I never saw it--couldn't make connection with the property owner. Rats! Oh well, glad to finally know what it was (the guy who saw it had no idea).
You wouldn't believe the stuff this guy had, I did see some of it; a center door, inside stored, but up to the hubs in barn dirt, a two-cylinder REO in pieces, part of it made into a sleigh. Lots more stuff, but that's the two I remember--it WAS 45 years ago!! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration