Merry Christmas, Sambuca rides again!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Merry Christmas, Sambuca rides again!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 09:26 am:

I had a great afternoon riding around town with Sambuca. He was out of commission for about 16 months while I with the help of Ken LeBlanc installed a Ruckstall rear end. But worth every minute of the wait once I got back “On the Road Again” I just could not wait to get on the road again. I will try to post a short video later today on the forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TD_pSeNelU

NOTE: I was having trouble releasing the emergence brakes all the way (a quick adjustment will solve that), also I had bought a strap of what was suppose to be jingle bells, but they don't sound so good.

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcELRMQ5u3k&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 10:28 am:

I like the new camera position. It's more interesting seeing the inside of the vehicle and the driving, rather than just a view out the front window of a radiator cap going down the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Looks like your having fun Warren. Its about 60 degrees or more here and were heading out soon for a drive. I haven't got a neat movie camera so were just going to enjoy. Regards, John in warm and sunny Nova Scotia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

Thanks Steve, I think it makes me look big and Sambuca look small, when it's the other way around, is that what you call an optical conclusion?

Merry Christmas John, to you, your family and friends. I still have some adjustments to make, re-install my spare tire rack and install the shift and linkage to the Ruckstall. However I am so glad that I can once again drive Sambuca, I'm counting it as my favorite Christmas present!

Merry Christmas everybody,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

Very enjoyable ride Warren. Thank you. Merry Christmas and I hope you have a pleasant New Year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:58 pm:

" and install the shift and linkage to the Ruckstall"
NOT recommended to drive a T with a Ruckstell and no shift linkage as they have been known to jump out of gear, and without shift linkage, not a good thing.
I am fairly certain from past discussions that you do have good brakes already, so, you are forgiven. However, I did want to toss that timely advice for others out there.

I, too, enjoy the many videos and related to model T enjoyment postings you do! Thank you very much for them. I also like how you refer to both your Ts by the names you have given them. They are like family.
Do drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 06:40 am:

Thanks Michael and a very Happy & Healthy New Year to you.

Wayne, thank you for that great advice. I do very much appreciate any advice or help I get on the forum. I also enjoy reading your post. Sambuca is my 1st and his name referrers to the liquor and licorice being black. Seabiscuit, is my very favorite champion race horse (for my money the greatest race horse of all time).

Happy motoring,

Warren

ps: I did have one problem driving Sambuca on that 1st test drive, I lost the brass thumb wig nut that holds the windshield tight ( 3/8" X 24 thread) if someone has one I would love to buy it, I will post photo later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 08:38 am:

Cool video Warren..looked like a fun ride! Love the brass bell... ding ding!! A bit foggy, eh? I love the way you can see your Go-Pro camera in the right hand mirror.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 09:11 am:

Thank you Tim, yes it was very foggy, I had to stop several times to wipe the windscreen. Sambuca, is my 1st T and I went a little crazy with all the options I added. I would go on ebay and look for Model T parts, because I remembered when I was younger all the use car salesmen always saying "this baby has all the bells and whistles" when describing a car on their lot.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 09:37 am:

I liked the video but it is always nice to see a walk around view of what the vehicle looks like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

Just for you Tom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiWoDC403Kk
Something about Model Ts and showing off when you are trying to start one.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration