No snow, No problem

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: No snow, No problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 11:21 am:

Just wanted to share, Snowed most of the night here in Winnemucca. Got the chores done, cooked Scrambled eggs and sausage for myself and the dogs, fed my resident covey of quail. Life is good here on the high prairie. Wishing every one a very Merry Christmas, and a low stress and fulfilling day. Harvdaydayday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 04:38 pm:

Before the Cedar Fire, we use to see quail very day. We miss them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

The quail came to Alpine. We had the fire here too. The came south from Ramona so the quail must have gone in advance of it. We also have more rabbits, foxes, raccoons Coyotes and other critters than before the fire.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

Ah, Winnemucca. In 1967 friends and I spent a few days camped outside a garage there waiting for beetle parts to come from Reno by Greyhound. Cammy read Ecstasy and Me by Hedy Lamar, and I played the penny slot machine at the market. Fond memories. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

Steve,

Interesting fact about Hedy Lamar. During WW2 she invented and patented a radio signal device used by the military. It later was used in the very 1st cell phones. She was a very intelligent lady far beyond her acting career.

One of her last Cadillac's is on display in the Seed museum in Lincoln Nebraska.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 06:46 am:

Seems like many people have traveled through Winnemucca during their lifetime. It is on I80 half way between Elko on the east and Reno to the west. Northern Nevada has been home to me for many years and it's very comfortable living.
Hedy Lamarr was just inducted into the "Inventors Hall of Fame" in 2014. As you said a very intelligent lady. This site sure is a wealth of information. Harv.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration