Christmas SURPRISE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Christmas SURPRISE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 04:38 pm:

No, the surprise was not good.
Christmas morning, (today) my oldest son had his pickup stolen. It was parked in a residential area in front of his house.
The really bad news is that my large red covered trailer was hooked to the truck and my 1924 TT truck was inside the trailer.
I will attempt to attach a picture of the TT.
TT picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 05:17 pm:

Willie - What a rotten thing to have happen on Christmas! Only good thing I can think of is that the trailer is other that the common white! I'm guessing the whole rig was stolen just for the "use" of the trailer by some "low-life" that is moving from one dump to another on this holiday weekend. Don't let it ruin Christmas for you and your family Willie, 'cause I'd bet anything that the first thing to be located by authorities (or whoever) will be the TT truck, then, when he's done with it, the trailer. Chances are the TT will just be dumped someplace as it was just in the "scumbag's" way. Probably in some very quiet and deserted industrial area (for the holiday). Again, think industrial area or railroad property or railroad yard. As a retired RR cop, don't ask me how I know,.....have recovered many abandoned trailers on RR property over the years,......good luck,......it'll turn up,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 06:19 pm:

Here is a picture of the trailer that the TT was inside of

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

You should drive around the neighborhood where the truck was stolen. I bet the thieves dropped the trailer within a couple blocks and then headed for the Mexican border with the truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

Criminy! What a rotten way to spend the day! There have been quite a few hobbyist's trailers stolen the past few years. Like Harold S says, most of them were recovered, and found in industrial or shipping points.
If I recall correctly, from long-past postings, that TT has family background for you, and therefore special significance. I do hope you get it back.
I do feel some of your pain. Not that it is worth much. I am sitting at home getting over a bad cold that has dragged on for nearly a week. We had plans for Christmas with a little bit of our family, figuring I would be over it enough. But had to cancel everything this morning when Linda woke with the early symptoms and 101 fever.
Ho Ho Hack Kaff Ho!
Good luck! Try to enjoy the day with your family.
Take care my friend. W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

I'll keep an eye out down south of town. Bummer Willie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

Wayne,
Must be going around, My Sister had the same problem--seems to have clear up for today though.
Still we're staying here!
Merry Christmas, & get well soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:11 am:

I probably should have used a different title for my stolen truck, trailer and TT truck.
If anyone knows anything about the stolen rig, please contact me as soon as possible.
Willie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:21 am:

Wilie,

Post on the major craigslist sites within 500 miles of where trailer was stolen under " cars " - " auto parts " - " farm & garden " - " rv " categories offering $$$ reward.

Post as many images as possible & as many details as possible about both trailer & vehicle.

Knock on doors in the neighborhood.

Visit gas stations in the area.

A red trailer stands out.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Willie,

I sure hope they get that creep and that y'all get your stuff back soon. I'll be keeping my eyes open for them.

Regards and best of luck,

Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

I just ordered my trailer. One of the things I did was order it in bright yellow. Theft recovery was the main reason for the choice of yellow. White and black trailers are everywhere, red are less common, but you hardly ever see a yellow trailer. I am also installing a tracking transponder in my new trailer. I hope to never have it stolen, but I want the best chance of recovery I can get, if it does happen. Willie, I hope for the best outcome for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

Oh no !!!! I'm very sorry to hear of the theft at Jeff's. I've alerted all my central Texas Model T friends of your mishap. Yeah, that TT chassis was your first in the hobby and has family history. But the trailer has been your "home away from home" or poor boy's camper at Chickasha!! I'm sure you'll recover the TT and trailer soon but, as for Jeff's pickup, I'm with Royce on its whereabouts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

Thanks Jim, sure enough there is a lost & found on Craigslist. It's mostly pets though.

https://houston.craigslist.org/search/laf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 01:19 pm:

Antonio,

One would want to put an ad under categories were stolen items might be offered for sale.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Thanks for all the help in trying to locate the stolen trailer, TT and pickup.
We have a lot of people in Houston involved in the search. So far there has not been any good news. There has also been some local TV coverage in the Houston area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

Check surveillance cameras at gas stations. After there hard work they are going to stop for a soda.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:01 am:

http://abc13.com/news/thieves-steal-model-t-from-curb-of-se-houston-home/1136675 /

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 02:41 am:

It's found.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration