Transmission Band Lining Help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Transmission Band Lining Help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 08:40 am:

I would like to know how one can tell when it is time to change band linings. The linings I have are Kevlar and have maybe 2000 miles on them. How long should they last?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 09:41 am:

If your linings are Kevlar they should last longer than 2000 miles.
If your car is going from low to high smoothly and stopping well they are probably ok.

I don't recall ever seeing any pics on the forum of worn out Kevlar bands.

Kevlar bands have been advertised to last the life of the car with average driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:03 am:

The last time I changed the oil, I noticed a bit of lining material at the drain plug. This concerned me and prompted my first question. Is it normal to find this material in the oil?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:06 am:

Keep a loose adjustment with those Kevlar linings..... history has taught us Kevlar will damage trans drums.

I haven't any experience with Kevlar, just wood liners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Daniel, do you have one of these installed under the transmission cover? They help catch any fuzz that may form.

If not, while you have the cover off to install one, inspect the drums to see if any of them are cracked or have a rough surface that may be causing the bands to fray.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3378OS.aspx

screen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

Mark, I have not yet installed one of those filters, but have thought it might be a good idea. Thanks for your advise.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration