Old Photo - Gig Harbor Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Gig Harbor Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

Once again, proof that it did not rain in the old days. Anyone familiar with Gig Harbor
today knows they get 600 days of rain per year ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

Too bad there isn't an address to go with that photo - our new place is about 40 minutes from Gig Harbor - we pass it on the way home !

600 days a years might be just a bit of an exaggeration Burger but that's close !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

found it

http://harborhistorymuseum.blogspot.ca/2014/10/bertram-bert-uddenberg-sr-1894-19 63.html

I may just be bored tonight,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 06:22 am:

Burger did exaggerate, but people on the west coast of Washington "don't tan, they rust".

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:00 am:

30 years in the swamp ... I am not only entitled to exaggerate, but I am still repairing the rust and mold damage ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Interesting short story, Shawn - thanks for the local history lesson !

Been over on this side for near 60 years now - come to think of it, maybe that is a little rust color !

My oldest Sis lives out in the Valley, Burger - relocated there after daughter left Clancy, Montana - not too much for young folk to do for gainful employment !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

In the late '50s, I along with a couple of friends, found a 60 hp, V8 ford engine in the lower level of this building that ultimately ended up in a limited class hydroplane. At that time it was a service station/garage, but not Uddenberg's as they had moved to their new location.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration