Split pins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Split pins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:52 am:

I am trying to make sure that I have fall the split pins in place.
I noticed that this castle nut didnít have split pins. So I backed the nut off to find the direction of the hole. Now should this have a split pin? It seems to me that it should. Would it be ok if I put in a lock washer or a lock nut?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:56 am:

That's a 26/27 I just looked at mine and it has a lock washer, I think a lock nut would work well, the earlier had a nut on both sides to adjust the track of the rear wheels, the 26 were fixed by the shoulder on the rods.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

I have picked up some lock washers.
Do I need to worry about the alignment of the rear wheels? Or can I just tighten down the nuts really tight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 02:01 pm:

Just tighten the bolts good pulling the shoulder against the bracket.

rick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration