Old Photo - Main Street Anytown USA 1920's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Main Street Anytown USA 1920's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

July 4, mid '20's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

I'm thinking Flag Day (June 14), mid 1920's. I'd expect more decorations for Independence Day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

Puritan Restaurant ?? Plymouth, Mass??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

Nice picture where ever it is. Thank you for posting this and all of the pictures you do, Jay.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

Dodge, Ford, Ford, Dodge, Dodge....would indicate a successful Dodge dealer nearby. I always enjoy the old buildings and awnings.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 02:44 pm:

Jay's title for this is exactly right. From the bank at one corner to the hardware store at the other end of the block, this scene is eerily similar to the 100 block of South Summit Street in Arkansas City, but with different names. I would guess there were hundreds of downtown blocks like this in small burgs all over the country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

third car is another dodge.fords are rare there.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

Charley, I was seeing the back of a coupe as the second car. I had missed it the first time I looked. The cars get fuzzy but I'm wondering if the disc wheeled car might be a later Dodge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

Side curtains on a couple of the touring cars make it seem to me like it might be sometime other than summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 03:58 pm:

Maybe Memorial Day in the northern part of the country?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

dodge used a lot of disk wheels in the late 20s.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 06:46 pm:

http://www.carrhardware.com/locations/

Carr hardware seems to be M.A
if it is what the sign says ?

Still looking and hoping to find pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

http://www.carrhardware.com/locations/

Carr hardware seems to be M.A
if it is what the sign says ?

Still looking and hoping to find pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.0251189,-93.6131303,3a,75y,35.67h,91.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sJPcrJaRF0grdBZi 6YKQ9zw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

241 MAIN STREET AMES IOWA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:25 am:

You guys are quite incredible, from a fairly random picture to the exact street address......

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration