''22 Fordson coilbox, wood kit fits?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: ''22 Fordson coilbox, wood kit fits?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

Merry Christmas - belatedly - to all my Forum friends. It might be a dumb question but would the repop T coil box wood kits fit a left-side-of-engine Fordson coil box of 1922? And the coil box lid looks just like a '26-'27 coil box lid ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

I use repopulate set in my fordson box back in the 90's when I restore two fordsons

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 06:47 pm:

OK...... Repopulate set?? Bob, could you be a little more specific? I don't have any wood at all. Sheet metal in good shape tho'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

George, I had a 26/27 coil box and bought a Fun Projects coil box kit, but I had my eye on my Fordson coil box that was right next to it. I believe there was very little difference to make them work in a Fordson box, so when the time comes, that is what I will be doing. And yes, my 26/7 top worked just fine on the Fordson box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

Yes damn auto correct feature repop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

Yes the late top gasket will work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 01:11 am:

Bob, I think your auto correct feature has had way too much coffee! It's way too hyper!!!<g> Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Thanks Bob and Chad. This time I will get a Fun Ptojects coil box wood kit because there's no hood to protect the coils from the weather. On all the other T restorations the plywood wood kits were good enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

George, That is why I went with the Fun Projects kit. This one was for my T doodlebug, and it sits outside year round. I wanted no issues with the box. I was still worried about water getting in, but the lid does a good job of protecting things. I do have a hood on mine though.

Here is the link of my box.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/571313.html?1443376884

FYI, may be some useful hints as I had some small issues with my metal box and hand rivet gun--NO ISSUES with the actual product. Go to Harbor Freight and buy the heavy duty rivet gun or borrow one if possible, I can almost certainly say you WILL need it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

Some pics:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration