Wheel sizes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wheel sizes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menteer on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

I recently purchased a 1925 roadster, it has 30" wheels. I've been told it should have 21"s. Were the 21"s only used one year before they changed to wire spokes? Should my car have 21 or 30? Should they be split rims? wood spokes? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

According to the MTFCA encyclopedia, in 1925 30 inch wheels were standard, but 21 inch wheels were an option.

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/U-Z.htm#wheels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

In 1925, the new style balloon tires and wheels appeared to be a very popular option. Original era photos show a lot of them on cars. Regardless, as Mark S says, the 30 inch old style clincher wheels and tires were the standard. Even non-demountables were still available through 1926.
Welcome to the affliction!
Drive carefully, and enjoy that roadster! W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration