Old Photo - Grocery Delivery Van

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Grocery Delivery Van
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

fleet of them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 10:06 pm:

forgot this

Malcolm McLean Grocery Company delivery truck fleet parked on Spokane Street looking North to Main St, 1916. Thanks to Casey and Lisa Richards for sharing these photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

As opposed to "Bad things to eat". :-( Great pic Jay,.. like usual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

That would be Walla Walla, Washington

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

It looks like the same driver of No. 1 in both pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:29 pm:

It looks like the same driver of No. 1 in both pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

It looks like they updated the fleet over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 11:58 pm:

I really like those lengthened rear fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:15 am:

Including No. 4
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-o8sFd-AndGI/Tskkhhh_kRI/AAAAAAAAEig/OVlLpeoijhM/s1600/McLean+Grocery+delivery+trucks+on+Spokane+St.JPG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:21 am:

Grade school must have been tough for Harry Beaver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:27 am:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:44 am:

I had a friend, now deceased, by the name of Dick Gay. I suspect it would be far worse today
(with the change of meaning), but still think ol' Dick got a few raised eyebrows when he told
people his name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 02:26 am:

I went to school with Rusty Hammer. He died quite a few years ago. Way too young.
My dad often said that most of us do not get to choose their surname. Hopefully, at least one parent is wise enough to choose decent first and middle names.
Nice photos! Thanks all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 10:13 am:

The building is still there. The address is shown as 9 S. Spokane,

Hundred years later. You can see the window sills above the tops of the delivery trucks, awning at the corner.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:20 am:

They sure managed to ruin the esthetic value of that building by removing the cornice... And the 1913 fleet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

Terry,

I guess it was an attempt to "modernize" the building. The work left a slight ridge above the windows or it is more pronounced today.

The door to the back of the grocery store is behind the pickup and tree in the 2012 view.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 03:30 am:

This thread brings up a question for me. My now deceased old buddy had (it's still in the family)a '17 T with an after market wood bodied pickup that his Dad bought in '68. It had been kept in an old garage for many years and was in very good shape, but the engine had been removed. Fast forward to the early '80's. He got it out and started cleaning it up and found an engine for it. When he got the thick layer of dust washed off of it, we could see very dim lettering on the sides. It said "Andrews Market Maryville". After some checking, we found out that some of my relatives'(by marriage) father by the name of Andrews indeed had a market in Maryville. No pictures have been found, but it is no doubt the same family. Does anyone know how to find any more information and history on this? I know it's a long shot, but you never know. Many thanks. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 07:36 am:

David here is a link to many pictures of Marysville

http://www.maryville.org/gallery.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 07:53 am:

http://www.raogk.org/missouri-genealogy/mo-society-archives/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 08:53 am:

David, try the nearest historical society. And just keep asking those questions to every very old person you see about time, and I bet you'll get some answers. You might be amazed.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration