What transmission would this be???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What transmission would this be???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 10:25 am:

Hey, this was included In a pile of T and TT parts. The TT looks to be a '26 or '27 due to the pedals. No name found on this gear box but it appears to have 3 speeds forward and one reverse. Thanks for any help on this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:52 pm:

From that top view it might be a Jumbo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 01:08 pm:

all the jumbos i have seen had the name on the side. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

Sure, same markings on the top like my Jumbo Giant. Should be apparent when looking further down on the RH side :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

Well cool! Thanks Dan for the info. I will need to dig it out of the pile and clean it up. Appreciate your efforts guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

The input end coupler for Jumbo Giant transmissions is hard to find or get. If yours is in there? DON"T MISPLACE IT!
They seem to be really good transmissions for model Ts. I have never actually used one, but people that have them tell me they really like them.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 04:38 pm:

Hi Wayne, it is all there right back to the rear end. My brother picked this up last week and I'm just trying to let him know what he has. It hasn't been touched yet to know what kind of condition it is in but that will come in time. I will try to get more pictures soon. Happy New Year !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

Hi Don B! Happy New Year! How are all the winter projects coming along? Yours and other's?
Drive carefully, and do enjoy the holidays! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 06:03 am:

Happiest of New Years Wayne ~~!! The 26 Tudor is all but primed and painted. It will have to wait for spring temperatures and then I can finish it and turn it over to the 85 year old youngster. I will need to teach him to drive it first. I told him we will take it the nearby cemetery for his lessons, nobody to kill there. The '22 Centerdoor has taken back seat to the Tudor but is ready for sanding and priming, I hope to get that done this summer. Thanks for asking and stay safe and healthy. The forum needs your courteous and respectful responses !

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration