23-25 Touring top illustration?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 23-25 Touring top illustration?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:50 am:

The encyclopedia has this, but nothing for 23-25. Is there such a critter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Not exactly like the above, but perhaps helpful?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/501246.html?1418428456

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/497951.html?1417389276

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/12597.html?1145124654

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

Steve, the 23-25 are slant windshield cars and the top is a one man, very similar to that of the 26-27's. I don't think there is any difference in the width at all...they may even be the same top.

This drawing is incorrect for 20's cars anyway, the 20's cars tops were about an inch or two wider than the than the earlier cars top. And the bows do not look like those at all. They have steel clear through the curve, with steam bent wood inserts in the corners for tacking the pad to.

The spans between the bows is a slightly arced straight piece that is riveted to the steel of the bow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

Yes, thanks. Some of that should be helpful. At this point I'm in the contemplating/planning stage. Over the years I've picked up several partial sets and need to figure out which parts go together and how, so I can make one good complete set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

Did that other transmission you were trying to take apart finally break loose for you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

Nope. I kept 50/50 on it for three days and hit the puller with an impact wrench several times, but it's still stuck tight. I'll have to try a breaker and a cheater.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 03:51 pm:

the 23-25 tops are not the same as the 26-27, I had to modify a 24 top to work on my 26 until I found the right one for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 04:15 pm:

Steve, take some pictures of your various top bow parts and send them to Jack Daron. He builds them all the time.
He probably could tell you what you have and what they are for.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration