Old Photo - Indiana Oxygen Delivery Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Indiana Oxygen Delivery Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

He has a Prest-O-Lite tank on the running board and the cowl lights may be acetylene. Hard to tell if the headlights are electric or have a double reflector. Neat photo.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

They are still in business.I get my welding gases there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

It has those interesting back fenders the were pointed out on the grocery delivery truck thread while ago too. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

It also has nice after-market five lug demountable wheels.

Care ta drag race?? I'll jis have brother Will set tha tanks in tha back wi tha valves pointed back and whack em off wit a hammer whin we gits goin.

When that photo was taken, most welding shops were still using calcium carbide acetylene generators. Acetylene welding as we know it today was just getting going with both acetylene and oxygen in special tanks. The place I buy my gasses from is in a nice shiny new building (Burger would LOVE it!). But they have a couple really old and large size generators on display in their shop.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration