Old Photo - The Kallman Family Posing In Their Brass Era T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - The Kallman Family Posing In Their Brass Era T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / MN on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 01:08 pm:

Jay, I LOVE all the pictures you post but I think this one is my favorites.....real life....looks like a '14 with replacement fenders, no bulb horn (replaced w/ "signal" horn). I just finished reading the Emigrant series of books and the Swedes were very fond of sending pictures from America back home to Sweden.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 02:03 pm:

Interesting aftermarket fenders. Yet another example of an early car kept in use and updated: those fenders, the horn, and electrified head lamps. It has H & D Shocks as my car has. I am a bit surprised by the one spare tire unless he has changed out the front wheels.

Pictures such as this one have caused me to wonder for how long some brass cars were kept in use as daily drivers before being cut down into pickup trucks, tractors (doodlebugs), or the engine pulled to use as a power unit.

Jay, thank you for yet another wonderful photograph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

It does look like the tires are the same size Bill. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

Some of the tires have white-ish sidewalls, apparently common in the mid through late '10s. With the dirt roads of the day, those whitewalls often are hidden behind the dust so much that they cannot be seen. However, more and more, as I look at pictures from the late '10s and early '20s, I do spot them.
Just a minor detail that interests a few of us really crazies.
Very interesting car, fenders, and photo! Thank you all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration