Mystery part came with a '26 Tudor project

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mystery part came with a '26 Tudor project
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

This afternoon few of us went over to visit a local fellow who is new to Ts and has just bought himself a '26 Tudor project. This piece was inside and we couldn't place it (although none of us has any particular knowledge about closed cars).

Is this T, and if so what is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

Could that be a bracket for a rear view mirror?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Don't think its for anything in the 17-25 range.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Those are the front seat floor mounts. The wood is from the seat base. The end fits in to a hinge with a pin to flip the seats forward and out of the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

It's one of 2 brackets that swivel the '26-'27 tudor passenger seat forward so passengers can climb in the rear . I know because it looks exactly like the ones in my '26 tudor. So, it'll be part of his project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Actually both the driver and passenger seat have those brackets. I can get pictures of them if you need it. I don't have any at the moment but can take some in the morning and post them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

Thank you all, and especially Don.

It would be very helpful to have a photo of them in place in the car, thanks for your kind offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

Older post showing brackets for Tudor seats

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/262806.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 06:09 am:

Dan those are some great pictures on that thread. Chris just holler if you need pictures of something specific, I will do my best to get them for you. Have a great New Years and stay safe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 09:33 am:

I remember needing to make a couple of those legs, large washers and seat frame mounting nuts for George's car. There should be some cone shaped legs for the rear of the seats too. Gathering parts in a basket case is always fun. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

Boy do I know how to identify old car parts! My seat is held up with mirror brackets and the mirror is mounted on the seat leg. The motor is held in place with gas tank straps and the hood is attached with a rubber bands. Go ahead ask me any question about old parts I know how to identify them :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

Hi Don, I think Dan's great photos and illustrations give all the info needed, for now at least. Thanks again for your offer and thank you Dan for that post!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration