Old Photo - If You Get It At Minard's It's Good

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - If You Get It At Minard's It's Good
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:06 pm:

is that the fuel tank we see in the cab ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:06 pm:

I believe the truck is a Maxwell commercial vehicle based on the fuel tank location.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

That's what I thought to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

If you get it at Minard's, it will not be delivered in a model T. That is the gas tank in the cab . REO speedwagon trucks had that but this truck looks a little too small to be one of those. I was thinking Chevrolet but they would have had drum headlights in that era. Wayne, any thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:59 pm:

Star?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 04:12 am:

The gasoline tank mounted on the firewall that way was fairly common on both light and heavy trucks in the late '10s and early '20s. The previously mentioned Maxwell and REO both did that on a lot of small trucks.
My first thought when I looked at the picture, was Overland. They also did that for several years. A friend of mine has a restored original laundry delivery truck that is that way. However, I am not sure by a long shot. I find that the wheels on this truck bother me. I don't know about the small trucks, but I don't think that the smaller Overland cars at that time had six lug wheels?
Actually, I think Layden B would be the best bet to identify it. He already said "Star?" But I don't recall ever seeing a Star with a gasoline tank like that.
This one will bug me for a few days. I hope someone can give a definitive answer.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

I wish he would get in the truck and make his deliveries, I need my order!

Neat old photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

I'm afraid all the clues we are going to have on this one are the hood, splash apron stamping, wheels, and the arrangement of the shifter & emergency brake lever.
Not a lot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 10:56 pm:

I believe Stars had that pot metal radiator shell like the early Chevrolets. Overland of that era model 90's had those inverted springs front and rear.

Maybe someone can computer enhance the photo and get a clue from the hubcaps.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 03:02 am:

BCG, I have stared at this photo for a bit. I cannot tell if it has those "unique to Overland" front and rear springs, or it doesn't. My friend's truck does have them, but it has been years since I have seen that truck, And I don't recall ever taking a good photo of his truck to help my memory about the wheels. The last past time I saw him? He was driving his '29 Whippet roadster.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 08:20 am:

looks like overland ovel rad cap to me. charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration