"15 HMC pics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: "15 HMC pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

After some searching we (Martin Vowel and I) caught up with 'em.That's a different story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

More

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

Martin Vowel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

I thought about you guys often during the day. Thank you for sharing the pictures! (Glad you made it)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 12:12 am:

Gotta get out for that. Maybe next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 06:21 am:

I'm hoping I get my car back together for next year too...looked like a fun trip.

But one car I am really interested in and I forgot to ask after the frame of his car...

Wondering or not whether it was an early 1909 frame (fish scaled) or a later one.

Then there was this 1930 Lincoln Pheaton that belonged to the Mayor of Pasadena, nice car, but woo-whee what a big girl!

And then there was the nice little 1931 Model A Cabriolet

And the my favorite 1930 Model A Town Sedan, one of these days gonna get me one of these again...I miss my Model A!

Not a bad color combination either.

I took a lot of other pictures but mine were of various views of an HCCT, gas headlights, early car sidelights, original Rocky's and wood body construction. You know, general pieces and parts of various cars that I'm currently working on the year of their assemblies. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 08:58 am:

Martin..great pics! Looks like a fantastic show. I think the big Lincoln will have to hold its water, don't think it'll fit in the porta-potti!
And like you, I also love my Model A, but naturally the Ts have taken the "top spot".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

Tim, I've had a few cars back when I was younger (and unmarried), Model A, V8's, all of them Fords, with the exception of a 41 Packard sedan (oh, that was a nice car and real nice riding, very smooth), but the car I started with was my T and the only car I've got left is the T...but I wouldn't mind having a few more. Well at least a couple, a Fordor sedan would be nice for inclement weather and mayhap a early 20's chassis so I can build a Lamsteed on it, that would be just for fun though. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

Why does that 2-lever '09 have a cut-off Garford script on the Radiator?

: ^ (

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

Not to be a "wise guy", but I guess if it wasn't "cut off", it wouldn't say Ford, right? I think it's kinda' neat, because it's obviously different that the one we usually see in the more familiar Ford script. Pretty good that you picked up on that Keith; I was wondering why the "f" had that little "curlicue" on it,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 10:08 pm:

Not to be a "wise guy", but I guess if it wasn't "cut off", it wouldn't say Ford, right? I think it's kinda' neat, because it's obviously different that the one we usually see in the more familiar Ford script. Pretty good that you picked up on that Keith; I was wondering why the "f" had that little "curlicue" on it,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 10:14 pm:

Dang! How do I manage that! I know it's ME,....but not on purpose,....honest! I just know that for some reason, I had trouble getting my username & password to "take" this time,.....and in fumbling around,.....oh well,......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 02:52 am:

Years ago, I knew a fellow that had the remains of one of the few surviving Garford automobiles. They were under the Studebaker umbrella, and made quite a number of them, but very few survive. It seems that a lot of the name pieces do survive however. He had a couple of them. I have seen several at swap meets over the years. I do question how many of those are originals, and how many are reproductions. About half of the pieces I have seen looked to be originals. I know they were reproduced in the '50s and '60s. I am fairly certain that they are still available today.
I don't know how many have been cut (or broken) and put on early Fords, but I have seen several. And I know a couple of the owners did not know what they really were.
Again, Thanks for the pictures from the HME!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

That's a two lever three pedal Model T... I looked. Second lever for the Ruckstell :-)

What a fun time we had. Sorry but my video system just won't allow uploads anymore. I did find a link to some other video footage.

https://photographynut.smugmug.com/Cars/Car-Shows-Roadster-Shows/Horseless-Carri age-Club-60th/i-SkRTKqV

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

What's the blue car with the large offset differential?

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

It's not a two lever, that second lever is a brake lever he's using as a shifting lever for his Ruckstel axle, we asked after that too. He elongated the hole for his brake lever in the floorboard and put the shifters lever in there too...pretty neat trick eh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

We drove by at four minutes, ten seconds in the first video.

The blue car was either an Overland or an EMF with transaxle I believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Correction: Packard

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration