Model T Cultor tractor conversion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T Cultor tractor conversion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

Anyone ever hear of a Continental Cultor tractor?

Over the weekend I picked up this T engine power unit with a bunch of other T parts.

When I first saw it I wasn't sure if it was home built or an aftermarket kit. After I got it home I noticed a data tag on the frame that reads "Cultor Continental Manufacturing". A quick internet search shows that it may have been part of a Cultor tractor conversion kit.

It is a mix of parts. The block is a '26-'27 and the hogshead is steel with no starter provisions so that should make it a '16-'19 I guess. Has a Holley NH, water pump, '26-'27 coil box, and no generator. Also, the radiator shroud has no script on it.

It's a pretty neat setup and appears to be complete and turns over.

Anyone have more information?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:52 pm:

Very nice and interesting item. I did a little researching and came up with nothing. I hope you keep it together, and not rob the engine for something else. So many of these type of units have been scrapped for the sake of a engine block, or radiator, ect. Nice find,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 02:55 am:

Years ago, my old buddy and I saw a tractor conversion owned by a gentleman in Maryville MO. We didn't look at it very close at the time because he had a lot of stuff and it was getting late. I do remember that he said it was a kit that was manufactured in Maryville. He passed away a few years later and we went to his estate sale, but the tractor wasn't there. Evidently he sold it sometime before. I have no idea what the name was and haven't heard of any others. Has anyone else heard of them? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 06:03 am:

I found this video on You Tube, it seems to have some of the features of your power unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDlRC786x64

I also found this and it definatly looks as if you have the front half of a tractor conversion kit, that may or may not have been converted to a power unit.

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114259

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 06:12 am:

It also looks from my perspective / opinion that you may have a later model as there are some with what appears to be the front half of a stock Model T frame. My guess is they used the beefier C-channel to perhaps prevent frame sag with it hanging out front like that.

Here is the stock T front:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

Donnie, I do plan on keeping it together since it is pretty much complete.

Chad, thanks for the links. It is interesting to see how the T rear axle was mounted directly to the transmission in the YouTube video. I agree with you that it probably went from a Model T, to a tractor conversion, and then to a power unit by the looks of the output shaft on the transmission.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration