DAILY TRIP TO TOWN

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: DAILY TRIP TO TOWN
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 10:42 am:

On my daily trip to town, my oldest boy was following me in his centerdoor and took some pictures on his camera. We usually don't get much over a couple of inches of snow and its gone in a day. This time we got 6 inches and it was 5 degrees. I was warm except for my hands. I have to get better gloves.
I have to drive about a mile to get out to a paved road.

snowy road

When we get to payment its a four lane road with very wide paved shoulders. Here I was driving on the shoulder after getting to the highway waiting for the modern car to get by so I could get on regular lanes.

paved road

This is a picture of the T I was in on a warmer day, on Trail Ridge.

Please don't shoot the messenger if the pictures don't come out as I have never tried posting a picture from some one's phone.

\

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 11:04 am:

You did very well Dave!

Congratulations on your picture posting ! !

We should expect more photos on the first attempt???

Hope that you have a Happy & Healthy New Year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 11:08 am:

Dave,
Great pics. Enjoy, and please keep posting pics and stories of your daily drives this winter....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 12:34 am:

Bob: I will post one more picture (I hope) of the trip to town the other day. In this picture I have just got to about 20 yards above the Highway. It may not look like it but it is very steep. On an icy day I stop at the top and then slowly ease down. yesterday it was particularly slick and I thought I was going to end up cross ways in the highway. At this spot the highway is also fairly steep. I was debating letting up on the brakes and trying in turn up hill on the highway shoulder (if it would of turned). The T finally stopped before I was out on the highway, so I waited for traffic to clear and then went across and down the highway.

arrival

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 12:47 am:

I very much notice that my 12 and 16 tourings with no weight in the back will fishtail more often and just be more unstable in the back than my Centerdoor or Coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Clyde in Cedarville CA on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 01:05 am:

Looks like you got the weather we had here a couple days ago! Always enjoy your pictures and appreciate the pointers you pass on. Thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 10:08 am:

Dave: I should have said that was my 24 coupe up in Wyoming. I had gone up to Check out the motels before the annual LEAF PEEPER TOUR. I woke up in one of the motels in the morning to look out and it was snowing like hell. I had 6 inches of snow on top of the coupe. I went to breakfast And then started South to Colorado. I was in the town of Saratoga. There is a pretty steep hill starting in Saratoga and continuing for awhile. I did some pretty good fish tailing out of town but after awhile I got to the top and the road leveled out. It was still snowing hard but no problems. I pulled into encampment Wyoming looking for a cup of coffee but no cafes. I then went on to Riverside, Wyoming and stopped in for coffee. A modern car had been following me for awhile. He followed me into the café and explained he was restoring a model T and wanted to talk to me. He bought me coffee and a big cinnamon roll. He then followed me towards Colorado for awhile taking pictures. I thought I was going to get stuck in Walden Colorado because I didn't think I could get across Cameron Pass, but when I got to The Colorado State Line it stopped snowing. When I got to Walden I turned East and drove over Cameron Pass on dry, clear road.

Cameron Pass in the Summer!

Cameron Pass

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration