Lily Loves Her Christmas "T Car!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Lily Loves Her Christmas "T Car!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

Our two-year old granddaughter, Lily, loves our 1914 Touring and always has to sit in it and "drive" it. She calls it the "T Car." She wanted one of her own from Santa, and being the good guy he is, he brought her the closest thing he could find. When she opened it, she said, "Just like Nonno's!!!" (Italian for grandfather). I think she was pretty happy with it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 02:32 pm:

Great post Marty, just think the kids think the fun of Christmas is all over when some older school kid tells them "there ain't on Santa".

Happy motoring,

W@arren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 04:53 pm:

Thanks, Warren!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Schrage on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

That is one cool ride. Way to go Marty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 05:06 pm:

Marty,

Too D@mn Cute .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

What a cutie you have there, Great memories too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

Very cool. You'll be teaching her to drive the '14 T-car before you know it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Is that a radio in the corner behind her?
One must adore the grandchildren! I always tell young parents of small children to "enjoy these days! They grow up too fast." That photo is precious! thank you for sharing it.
Drive carefully, and enjoy these days! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

Not a radio - it's an Orthophonic Victrola

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

What do you mean "there ain't no Santa." Who filled my stockings beside the fireplace with candy and socks? There were several presents under the tree from St. Nicholas, the Bishop of Myra, on Friday morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Man, it just don't get any cute'r than this, she's going to be a "HEART-BREAKER" someday. Keep that "T" in pristine condition cause she'll treasure it the rest of her life !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

"There ain't on Santa"? What'a ya mean, "on Santa"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

Marty,

You are truly blessed when you get a smile like that!
I like your antiques in the background. I collect a lot of antiques too: Cameras, music boxes, wall crank telephones, wood working tools, cathedral radios, coin operated machines, erector sets and the like.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul wilcox germantown wi on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

The question is where did santa find a t like that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

Harbor freight
loves truck stop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 06:57 am:

What I was referring to with the statement (the kids think the fun of Christmas is all over when some older school kid tells them "there ain't on Santa".), was the fact that until you have your own children and grand-kids, you really do not know the true meaning of Santa and the spirit of giving at Christmas.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 10:10 am:

Wayne, Erik is right. It's a Victor Orthophonic phonograph.

Willis, I do to. The rest of the living room -- and, for that matter, pretty much the rest of the house -- is filled with phonographs, antique radios, clocks, etc. In the upper right corner of the picture, you can just see a Columbia AH.

John, she's melting hearts now -- mine for one!!! We're going to try and keep it in good condition but you know kids. Anyway, it's all metal so, if need be, it would be easy to restore.

Paul, we scoured the web looking for an appropriate pedal car for Lily. I don't recall where we got it. I'll go back and look and report back. I do remember they had a bunch of different styles including things like an early Corvette, etc.

Thanks all for the nice comments. Glad you enjoyed it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration