Chickasha Dates?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Chickasha Dates?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

I looked up online; the dates given were May 11 - 14, 2016.

I remember some years ago that it was in early to mid-March.

Perhaps I didn't look it up correctly.

What are the dates?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

26th Annual International

Chickasha Pre-War Swap Meet

"World's Largest Early Auto Meet"

March 17 & 18, 2016

Sponsored by The Old Pueblo Touring Association

"1895-1945" Come Celebrate the 1st 50 Years of the Automobile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

Here is the flyer for this year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

I think Chickasha has at least 5 and maybe more swap meets a year. There is the pre war meet we like, the spring general swap meet, the Mustang car meet, I think there is a tri-five meet (55-56-57 Chevy) and then the fall general car swap meet. and maybe more ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

The three multi-make meets there are the big fall meet in November, the prewar meet in March, and a smaller version of the fall meet in May. When I had the sign business and went to a lot of swap meets to peddle my wares, I always went to the November and March meets, and tried the May meet once. It may be better now, but at that time the few vendors outnumbered the fewer customers. You might find a little bit of antique stuff at the November meet, but it's mostly modern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 03:32 pm:

I'd love to go that someday...but I'd have to be a whole hell of a lot closer than Sylmar first. It's a trip to get to Bakersfield (can't drive a T to it, no surface streets, unless I go to Palmdale first and cut over from there), bout the only one I can get to is Long Beach, which is always fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 03:33 pm:

By the way, you can save this address for future reference: http://www.pwsm.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 03:35 pm:

Thank you, guys. I hope to see some of you there this coming March.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

Seems like the "Chickasha fever" is starting a little early this year. Usually the symptoms did not start to show up till early January. :-) I do not think there is a cure for it or any medicine we can take for it. The only real help for it is lots of rest just before the "pilgrimage" to Chickasha and then 2 days (and pre test screening on Wednesday) of acute Chickasha therapy and large doses of iron (rust) ... See you all there while I am undergoing my treatments .. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

I sure hope to get there some day soon. Probably won't be this year, though. Money, more than distance, prevents me from going. The couple hundred dollars I would spend on gas is usually more than I take to most swap meets. I have gone to Bakersfield several times. One time I managed to save up a thousand dollars and spent it all! Left behind a lot of stuff I really wanted. I refilled my gasoline tank on my way into Bakersfield.
Drive carefully, and do enjoy!!! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 04:16 am:

Chickasha is a hoot! Even if you don't buy anything, the show and meeting other T nuts is worth the trip, as far as I'm concerned. I haven't been able to go for a few years now, but I hope to this year. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 04:58 am:

I wish somebody would come our with a baseball type cap with the word "FORUM" on it so we could all recognize each other. I agree with David that one of the best things about Chickasha is meeting other forum guys. Not that I don't appreciate associating with any and all Model T guys, but after so many years on this forum, by now, I consider so many guys on this forum to be friends, and I'd like to meet all of 'em! Or, at least as many as possible. Maybe just a patch, or badge, or even a roll of bright colored tape with the word "FORUM" in big, easy to read letters that could be handed out at the main entrance and that we could then just stick on our shirts or jackets. Quick, cheap and easy! This has come up before, but so far, nobody has come up with anything that would work and that "ALL" forum members at Chickasha could and would utilize. Any ideas anybody,.....???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 05:43 am:

Harold, maybe an arm band made with duct tape would be appropriate! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 05:48 am:

Yeah,....that'd work! Quick, cheap & easy! Even "Uncle Red" would approve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 06:03 am:

<g>! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 08:09 am:

You will see some significant changes at Chickasha this year. The outside arena has been torn down and a beautiful new one built with rest rooms in its place. The area between the south bldg and the new outside arena where the RV parking was,is under construction for a very large indoor roping arena. The RV parking is just east of the north bldg. parking lot. I don't know if the indoor arena will be open to indoor swap spaces in the future or not.
Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Last year I had a bunch of name tags, markers, and a sign explaining why they were there, on my tables. The sticky-back kind you see at birthday parties, and family re-unions. I think Steve Jelf also had some tags placed somewhere for everyone to use. Ill have the name tags on my tables again this year. Spaces SL 11-12-13 in the south building. I wore my name tag stuck to my hat. I got to meet several people from the forum because of the name tags. I just wrote the words "T Forum Member" "Donnie Brown" on it in big letters. Worked out pretty good for the first try. So bring your own name tag, use one of ours, and maybe a few more T vendors could put some tags and a sign explaining their use on their tables will get a trend started. See ya'll there ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Ahhhhaa,.....so,....there is a system! Obviously, I missed Chickasha last year or I would have known. Sounds like we're all on the same page. Thanks Donnie and Steve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

no name tag for me to maney people know me now ha,ha charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration