Snow chains- the modern quick fit type.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Snow chains- the modern quick fit type.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 03:41 am:

Hi.
I am thinking about buying some snow chains ( modern quick fit). Just as a backup if I got stuck in the snow.The best would be to make my own custom chains, but its difficult to get hardened chains fore this purpose in my area. I have tested some quick fit chains that I have lying around, but they are to small. I think they would work OK if I got the right size fore my 21 inch wire wheels. It not easy to calculate what would fit my tires. I might have to take a wheel to the shop to test, but I doubt they will open several boxes for me just find the right ones. So the question is, anybody know what size would fit ?
Rolf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 03:55 am:

Rolf, why would they have to open several boxes? Surely there would be sizes (dimensions) printed on the boxes. I would think you could find something that would fit, or at least be close. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 04:11 am:

I think the sizes are for modern tires that are bit wider than my 4,5 inch , so it would take some math to calculate what i need. I donīt think you find any chains with 21x4.5 label in the store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 07:38 am:

These are from the forum in 2004.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 07:56 am:

Thanks Dale.
P215/75R15. Thatīs what I was looking for. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration