Color of 26/27 Engine Mounted Ignition Coil Box?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Color of 26/27 Engine Mounted Ignition Coil Box?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 11:18 am:

I'm not going to open up the proverbial engine paint Pandora's box. . . but I'm reading conflicting info on forum threads, so I'll ask...

If I elect to paint my 26/27 motor Moleskin or some sort of shade of green, what color is the engine mounted ignition coil box and lid.

Green?

Black?

Ladies choice?

I'll hang up and listen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Mine is black

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Black

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 11:43 am:

Black

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

Any color you want. It's your car, but all the ones I've seen have been black. The fan blade is also black as well as the generator and starter.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

Facts on the late Ford engine, serial numbers after July 26, 1926.

ENGINE PAINTING

In Walter T. Fishleigh's files in Accession 94 at the Ford Archives there is a memo dated July 26, 1926 entitled: “Finish For Model T Motors”. It lists the finish to be put on each of the exposed parts of the motor.

Black Pyroxlylin used on:
1. Transmission Cover
2. Starter Motor
3. Generator
4. Crankcase
5. Commutator

Black Graphite Paint used on:
1. Exhaust Manifold and Carburetor

Black Enamel used on:
1. Breather Cap
2. Commutator Retainer Spring
3. Manifold Clamps

Nickel Plate used on:
1. Cylinder Head Cap Screws
2. Spark Plug caps and Thumb Nuts
3. Spark Plug Wire Terminals
4. Coil Box Terminal Bolts and Nuts
5. Water Connection Cap Screws
6. Manifold Cap Screws
7. Cylinder Valve Cover Bolts

Moleskin Pyroxylin used on:
1. Cylinder Block
2. Cylinder Head
3. Generator Bracket
4. Front Cover
5. Air Intake and Manifold

Bright Zinc Plate used on:
1. Cutout Cover

(signed) C. W. Avery

The coil box and lid would be black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

OK, black it is.

Thanks to all. I've seen that list of the parts colors on other threads, but just couldn't see where the ignition coil box was listed.

TO THE GARAGE!!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration