Name of heat resistant putty

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Name of heat resistant putty
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 04:11 pm:

What is the name of the putty stuff used to pack around moulds when Babbitt is poured into the mould?
I am going to have an attempt at babbitting the fourth bearing in the T transmission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 04:20 pm:

Tony, I use a product from Eastwood called Anti-heat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 04:33 pm:

Tony:
i agree with Mike regarding the material "Anti-Heat" product # 31042 from Eastwood ...i also recommend the "Tinning Butter" # 31043 for tinning ...Eastwoods # is 800-345-1178 ...i have used both for years with great results ...always an optimist ...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

I use a product made in Newzealand by
CRC, called Maniseal, exhaust cement, buy it by the box as I do a lot of babbitting.
A tube of something like this from your local auto shop would be the cheapest way to go for a one of job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

Thanks guys and the MTFCA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Wish Kent a New Zealand brand wood stove had not been pushed out of business by union demands. My home is warm now because of that stove.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 10:36 pm:

http://www.deaconindustries.com/product-display/deacon-mold-pac

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

When I worked in the Aerospace Industry, we used a product called "BabbitRite". We called it "BearSh*t" because that's just what it looked like.

It was a dark brown, oily, fibrous, putty-like material and although aircraft assembly tooling had transitioned from using Babbitt to aluminum-filled epoxies to cast parting planes for removable sections when I was working in the industry, it worked very well for building dams to contain curing liquid epoxy.

It's reusable too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

I've used the same as Mike S. except it was called Monkey S.... by some instead. It worked very good.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration