OT 239 flathead

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT 239 flathead
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:31 am:

Hi, Can someone tell me the weight of a v-8 motor complete? Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:56 am:

-Scott-
Just sent you a PM with a link I suspect you will find quite helpful. Good luck!
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 11:51 am:

Too heavy for your T. Now a V8-60 could be a good choice!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

love Trifty 60"s:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

This is the link I had come across and sent to Scott. Thinking further, I'm sure others will also find it of interest with 'other projects'...
Hope it helps someone.
http://www.carnut.com/specs/engdim.html
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

Hi Marv, Thats the info I needed. I have a 1935 1.5 ton truck and want a modern power plant so I can use it for hauling over the grapevine in to and out of Los Angelus. Iam think of a 400 Ford as it about the same weight and lots of bottom end power. Thanks, SCott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Marv,thank you for that link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 10:58 am:

That site says the Ford flathead starter is on the left, which is wrong, they're on the right hand side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:23 am:

Probably not of interest to T fans, but on the chart that Marv posted I did find a minor inaccuracy. The chart classified Buick V8s as 322-425. There was also a 264 in the same series of engines which was omitted. Also some of these engines had center-sump oil pans. Confession: In addition to my T I have have an '82 Chevy pickup which I repowered with a slightly built up 425 Buick "Nailhead."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:29 am:

As long as it's modern and in a truck,what about a 7.3 ford/binder?? With a chip you can probably have 400 HP and ton's of torque and fuel millage? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:50 am:

A '35 Ford was s 221.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

Ken, I was looking at the 7.3 but the 35 only has one spring up front and the 7.3 is around 1050 lbs. I can get by with the power a 400 makes. Scott

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration