Rings for Cast Iron Pistons

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rings for Cast Iron Pistons
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 10:42 am:

I have an excellent block, standard bore, and a set of cast iron pistons, along with the crank, mains, cam and timing gears that I acquired from a friend who has passed away. I love the way the original engines sound at idle, compared to an engine with aluminum pistons. Is there a source for rings for these pistons?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 10:54 am:

Just saw that all of the vendors carry them. Duh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 11:24 am:

Since you bring this up, is there any use for the old cast iron pistons themselves that I have removed from engines or do I just recycle them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 11:38 am:

OH, I CAN PUT THE OLD PISTONS TO GOOD USE!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

Cast iron pistons came in some odd sizes compared to what we are use to. Generally you can buy the next size up and file the gap end to fit.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration