Old Photo - Curtiss Field Garden City New York May 21, 1915 - Opening Day

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Curtiss Field Garden City New York May 21, 1915 - Opening Day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 11:39 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 11:55 am:

I think there is a second photo to this airfield on opening day taken a little later because if I remember correct the box building on the right center with the ladder next to it shows the ladder set up and people sitting on the roof. I guess they had box seats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 01:59 pm:

History

https://sites.newpaltz.edu/nyrediscovered/2013/10/10/78/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 02:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

Those planes look pretty advanced for 1915. How well documented is that date?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

It's May 15 1921 Gilbert. Duh on my part for transposing the date. This getting old stuff sucks!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration