Model T House Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T House Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

The Jan. 15th episode of Chasing Classic Cars had a Model T with what appeared to be a small house for a cab. They said it was built by Ford for advertising. I thought they mentioned it was the only survivor of six made. Anyone know anything about this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

Hi Jerry,

How are you doing ?

This subject was covered earlier in discussion.

Ford never produced " house cars " but several cabinet & wood makers did custom bodies usually on one ton truck chassis frames.

I owned a 1925 Chevrolet House Car & did extensive research back then - give me a call if you have any questions I might answer.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:47 pm:

Jim, Kim and I are fine. Thanks for the reply. I found the previous discussion from a few weeks ago. Don't know how I missed it. Drive safe and Happy New. year! Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

Ed, Thanks for the picture. Sure doesn't look like something Henry would have made!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Is that because Henry didn't like flowers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

Ed,

Mighty fine " Doll House Car " ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 01:56 pm:

Another view of that 'house car', made by lumber company showing off it's materials.

And this one, must have been made by a wicker furniture manufacturer for advertising :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

Concerning the house car, it's in CT and is owned by Rose Organek and family. They are true Model T collectors and have owned this car for some time. They have complete documentation of the car, and it is one of 6 built by a lumber company for advertising. The man in the second picture of the house car is Rose's late husband Ed, who bought the car and I think he restored it too.

If I'm not mistaken, I think we've seen the wicker car on some T tours.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

Keith,the wicker car owner used to post here under Basket case and was at the OCF this year.Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

I saw the show about the House car. I too thought that it was wrong that they said that Ford built these cars and that it was more likely that someone else built the houses onto a Ford chassis.
I would think that a show like Chasing Classic Cars would have better facts, but that is what was said. Who is right?

I saw the wicker car in '03 at the FOMOCO centennial. It was a neat thing and well taken care of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

I also would like to know more about whether it was built at the Ford factory, since this was stated several times during the show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Keith, Thanks for the information. I thought the show said that Wayne had just bought the car. It showed him and his mechanic driving to a hot dog stand. Maybe it will show up at the OCF and we can all see it in person.

Bud, you are right. It was at the OCF this year. They had a display board with it and it told a very interesting story about the origins of the car. If memory serves me right, it belonged to a basket making company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

Dan B., If you look at the second picture of the house car above (the one with Ed Organek at the rear of the car), you'll see a picture frame sticking up out of the turtle deck. That's a framed copy of a newspaper write up about the car from years ago and states which lumber company built the car, etc. The whole story of the car is in that frame for display purposes. The Organek's had the house car at the OCF too, about 10 or 12 years ago.

Jerry, I don't know if the Organek family has sold the car or not, but it could be sold.

Bud, someone on the Forum must know who owns the basket car. Anyone care to comment?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Jerry,It was one of the basket makers that is still in busness and the wife said Logenburger maybe?? Bud.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration