OT - freezing fog & snow all the way across Texas is taxing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - freezing fog & snow all the way across Texas is taxing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 01:53 pm:

Never ran into this before

Entered Texas on I-10 yesterday morning & snow on the ground ever since

I-20 was closed a couple days ago at the split w/ the I-10
because people ran out of fuel

The snow & low temps mean freezing fog all day long

100 yard or less visibility

Probably not much better the rest of the way to Georgia

Safe travels to everyone on the road .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

You have safe travels too Jim. Really weird what's going on in Texas this winter. Makes ya wonder if someone isn't trying to tell us something!

Have a happy, safe New Year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

Jim, If you're taking I 20 to Dallas and then I 20 or I 30, east, you'll either run into snow, ice, or flooding east of Texas. If you're taking the south I 10 route through Texas, you should be out of any weather problems by the time that you get to Junction, Texas, if not long before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

Terry,

I am stopped along I-20 just east of Ft. Worth waiting to go thru in a few hours when traffic eases up

I am taking I-20 to I-65 into Georgia

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

Jim
I-65 doesn't go into Georgia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

It does in The Twilight Zone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

I am just glad I am not in texas this winter. Drive safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

I am going to Warner Robins, GA via I-20 to I-75 thru Macon.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

You can tell Richard Wolf is an old trucker. :-)

He's right too.....been there done that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

Jim,

Drive safe and slo, please.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 09:15 am:

Jim: FYI: Been told there is a lot of flooding in and around Atlanta. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 09:21 am:

If you want taxing visit Massachusetts. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:35 am:

The Earth has tilted on it's axis! Higher than normal snowpack in the Sierras, freezing fog in Texas warm east coast and melting North pole ice cap! Rain almost every week in Southern California.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Black eye peas & greens for me tomorrow .... :-)

In Shreveport, LA now

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Glad you made it through Texas. Drive safely.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration