Window hand crank mechanism question.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Window hand crank mechanism question.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 03:54 pm:

1924 coupe, passenger side door window, hand crank just turns. No sort of mechanism inside door to crank up window. What is suppose to be there and are parts available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

Several types were used in 24-25. This shows some of them:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/279369.html?1333420093

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

Richard

Thanks for the link and lead.

See page 93 in Price List of Body Parts (T10 from Vendors). I found the notes on that page very educational.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 03:04 am:

My '25 coupe (steel doors) has regulators that look very much like Lang's #50400x, '26-'27 coupe-tudor. I think some Model A's may have used the same ones. They have a 3 bolt mount, my doors have a different bolt pattern, maybe 6 holes? I don't remember now, it's been 3 or 4 years since I had the right door apart, but I do remember that the mounting holes were different and had been drilled for the regulators. I think they were replaced maybe in the early '60's when it was painted. They work OK, but the windows don't roll all of the way down. Would they if it had the correct regulators? Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration