Maybe we need a retro-tour, the Chicago Century Run

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Maybe we need a retro-tour, the Chicago Century Run
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

We have the new Glidden Tour, the New London to New Brighton Tour. Maybe we should restart the Chicago Century Run?

Tom Hay, Chicago Ford Branch Manager, started this tour beginning at 12:01 a.m. on January 1, 1907. For several years, at the stroke of midnight, Chicago area motorists would drive a 100 mile route from Chicago to Elgin to Aroura and back to Chicago to ring in the New Year.

1909:

1910:

Who's in?

Happy New Year

(Message edited by Rob on December 30, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

I would be in for next year if we can find a way to stop the city from using road salt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 12:47 am:

Sounds like fun to me!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 07:12 am:

A hundred miles, in the dark and dead of winter would be a challenge. Today with modern streets and highways it might not be so bad, depending on the weather.

The run was conducted between 1907-1911. I'll post the run results on the new 2016 forum.

Enjoy your New Years Eve,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 07:49 am:

I wish you could count me in as well, but Chi-town is a little distance for me. Dave, I would not worry about the salt as much as the Chicagoan's trying to get home after a night of celebration.

Happy motoring and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Warren

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration