Stand for Model T Engine Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Stand for Model T Engine Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:01 am:

I need to buy an engine stand for my 1919 engine. Is the 1000 lb one that Harbor freight now has on sale for $49.99 sufficient ? I remember reading on here once that the "T" engine was about 400 pounds, but not sure if that is correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:23 am:

William,

The HF 1000 LB stand is what I use. It works fine.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:25 am:

William, that is what I use and it works fine. I would recommend you use a model T engine adapter that you can make yourself or order one from a vendor. You can Google search for the engine adapter on internet. Good luck, Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Thanks, I will need the adapter, is the one Lang's sells OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:47 am:

Any of vendors bought mine from Bob's antique auto he had best price
The HF stand is what I used also there cherry picker
I'm sure I will be corrected but T engine in the 350 lbs range

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 12:15 pm:

They take up more space, but a four leg stand is a lot more stable than a three leg one. One of my brothers nearly had his fully built up Pontiac 400 engine take a tumble on his stand when he was rolling the stand on his garage floor and one of the wheels got caught in an expansion crack. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 12:20 pm:

With the flywheel and transmission on the engine, the center of gravity is between #3 and #4. With just the engine by itself, it's between #2 and #3.

So I made an adjustable adapter that will slide to either position.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration