Can anyone identify these?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Can anyone identify these?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hudson on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 05:09 pm:

Now that my project is nearing completion, I have many extras that I am trying to get rid of, or identify. Can anyone help identify these wheels? They are the same size as a t wheel, but have a different size hub hole. plus they have a serial number, B196

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Brown on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 06:49 am:

This is an accessory demountable wheel for early cars (Comes with a special hub that bolted through the flange so the whole wheel could be changed rather than trying to change a tyre)

Only reason I know this is I a couple of wheels I sold recently and a guy buying them wanted to complete his set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 11:49 am:

Wow, was I surprised to see this responded to!!! I just tripped over them yesterday, and thought to myself that I should find out what they were. When you say early, how early do you mean? And was it a Ford thing, or generic? Also, does anyone want these? I am always willing to swap!!!!!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration