Scrapping Rear Axles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Scrapping Rear Axles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Hansen on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 06:02 pm:

I really donít know if this Forum is the proper place for the following, Iím not trying to sell and I assume the Forum is checked more often than the Classifieds. If not proper it can be deleted

First of all some of you are going to have a coronary, Iím about to scrap some Model T parts

I have two small drum rears ends with hubs, ring and pinions, axle shafts. Iím keeping the spools and bolts the rest goes. Both contained a lot of lubricant. One has Hasssler brackets attached. The rears are nothing you write a letter home saying wow what a great find, simply stated there are some parts, I have all I will ever use. We convert everything to 26 rears, so I have all the small housings I need

Also have a front axle, appears it can be saved, doubt if spindles can be saved. I did not check for straight

They are located for anyone interested approximately 20 miles West of Cleveland, I will not ship. If interested send E Mail. I will dispose of them sometime this week coming if no interest

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Hansen on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 06:49 pm:

I forgot to add the axles are are free for the taking, this being the reason for not placing in classfieds, in the event someone can use them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel (Indiana Trucks) on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 10:09 pm:

Jerry,

Are you going to go to Richmond? I don't have a real need for these axles but hate to see them go to scrap and would find a use or someone who needs them if I could get them. If someone on here gets there first thats OK as long we save them.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 10:11 pm:

Give folkes a little time on stuff like this.If the axles are useable,someone will need them.If they were close,I would be intrested.But the net shrinks the world down a little until a deal comes up like this.Then you are reminded of just how big it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Erfert Flagstaff, AZ on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 11:42 pm:

Here I am in Flagstaff with two rear axels and no brake shoes at all, I would be by in a heart beat as I need whatever you have. Our club has a place for the rust to rest so that anyone interested can pick through it for what he (or she) needs. Check your MTFCA club listing for a club near by and I would bet someone would come pick them up. That is what makes this organization really work. Thanks for the heads up Jerry.
Dick

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration