1915 door lock striker plate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: 1915 door lock striker plate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By robert fordham on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 06:56 am:

I am restoring a 1915 Canadian tourer and I am having trouble purchasing these striker plates without having to buy the locks as well. Does any one know a supplier who will just sell the strikers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 05:05 pm:

These are most difficult to find at times.As a machinist,I ended up making some from scratch a while back.They worked very well and you could not tell the difference once painted.
It seems that most folks who have found these striker plates orphaned from their latches have found a mating latch for them in their piles of goodies,and it's hard to find the components separately.
Someone may chime in here and offer some to you.Prices will vary.I have had fairly good luck with some members having a loose one here or there turn up when I needed 4 for my car.My Canadian '15 has 4 doors.
There are lefts and rights to these striker plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 05:11 pm:

Another note.The one in the photo you show is one of two variations of this type of striker.There is also a difference bewteen the '14 and '15 latches.The '14 latch handle pivots on a round pin which you can see,while the '15 latch handle pivots on a hidden pin.The difference is very slight,and most folks may not know there is a variation.The striker in the photo I think is the one more seen on the '15's.The '14 striker doesn't have as much triangular shape to the locking latch and is more straight.
Clear as mud eh? :-)
If you need photos I'll try my best to get some posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 05:58 pm:

I have an extra RF or LR one. I was going to take it to Richmond. I need a RR one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 07:48 pm:

I have a few NOS ones danuser88@socket.net

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration