Floor mats part II

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Floor mats part II
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 09:55 pm:

A fee weeks ago we all kvetching about the quality of the new floor mats, about 3 months ago I ordered a new one from Lang's to replace the one I bought last year, which was shredding. it stayed in the box until last week when I decided to change the oil & clean out the screen (which was very clean). Figured I'd unroll the new one & put it on, laid it out in the sun with the floor boards on top to flatten it.

The quality is much better than the old ones, much heavier rubber, seemed to be more pliable & went on easier, not one split around the pedals or lever, the old one came off in about 5 pieces, the new one's a little different instead of "Made in the USA" under "Ford", they have it in small letters over the parts number at the bottom, there must be a new supplier. Only split was in the palm of my hand when the Stanley knife slipped while cutting the hole for the Ruckstell lever.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trish Bulger on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 09:57 pm:

Oh Alex! Guess I better add a 'Warning' sign to the box!
FYI - white mats have not been available for about a year? I've heard nothing of their return. I'll keep you posted if I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:47 am:

No one has ever made mats for 1925 open cars. I guess they think they don't exist!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 11:07 am:

Larry,

I think all the vendors have them.

http://www.chaffinsgarage.com/a-k/floormats.htm

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 11:19 am:

Larry, what are you alluding to? Size, pattern, or ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:43 pm:

Trish,

Not to worry, only took 5 stitches <grn>, actually only took a little Neosporin & a "Spongebob Square Pants" bandaid & I am now playing the Mandolin again.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 01:08 am:

Alex, and you were never able to play the mandolin before! :-)

(Sorry, old joke)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 08:36 am:

Dick,

Actually played in a Jug Band of some noteriety (at least in our zip code) real big at Italian- American club dinners.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 09:21 am:

Speaking of "Sponge Bob", due to sagging ratings, the Cartoon Network has fired Sponge Bob.
He was not one who made good financial decisions and thus, is now living on the street.

(sorry guys, I just couldn't resist it)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:17 am:

The 1925 mats are a special mat that came out in October of 1924 with the new wide cowl body. They look like the earlier mats, but are about one to two inches wider at the top than the mats they replaced. If anyone has an original they wish to sell, I'll buy it. Used is ok too.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration