Winged Pyramid Art Work

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Winged Pyramid Art Work
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 08:16 pm:

A while back, several members were interested in a large size version of the Winged pyramid, Universal Car, logo.

If anyone is still intersted, I now have a PostScript version of the winged pyramid Universal Car logo available. Because it is PostScript, it enlarges very well, unlike a JPG or GIF image. You can also alter the aspect ratio (horizontal and vertical scales) to better suit the space you have available.

I came up wiht the PostScript program to make the winged pyramid for the MTFCI / MTFCA Joint Regional Tour this September in Ypsilanti. This is the logo for the tour in PostScript"

new tour logo

Colors are very easy to change. Just find out the CMYK values you desire and enter them in the last few lines.

Tom
Piquette Ts
Detroit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney, Australia. on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 09:11 am:

Tom,

I'm interested in a copy of that artwork if possible.

Peter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 10:08 am:

Great! That blue needs to be a lot darker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 05:11 pm:

Larry,

That is the beauty of PostScript. Get me the CYMK (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) values for the blue you like and it is a moments work to make the change.

It would be good to make that change before shipping it out to anyone.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 05:12 pm:

Geez, a "Winged Pyramid."
All this time I thought it was a "Thunderbird!"
Thanx for straightening me out Tom, and thanx for the information.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Pullin on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 05:39 pm:

Tom
As a suggestion, I bought a tin winged pyramid sign from www.anderooney.com that is the right colour. He may be able to help with the CMYK values.
Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 05:48 pm:

Bob,

The "thunderchicken" had a head up on top of that pyramid.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 06:02 pm:

I would like a copy of the artwork. Do I need to send you my e-mail address?
Verne Shirk
Wichita, KS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 11:26 pm:

Seth,
That would make this a "chicken with its head cut-off," wouldn't it?
(Sorry 'bout that.)
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 06:14 am:

To All:

There appears to be an interest in this art work for other uses. I will make the change to the blue color to make it darker. One suggestion was to match Pantone 294C. When I get that done, I will either "ship" the PostScript program by E-mail or provide a link to the file for downloading.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICK/TORONTO on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 12:27 am:

Gentleman exactly what was the signifigance of the pyramid and the wings........thanx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Pullin on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 02:01 am:

Rick
It was the Ford logo for a number of years during the Model T era - 08-27.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/55124.html?1210250452
As to what the actual make-up of the logo is (the pyramid with wings, or some say it is a simplified plan view of a bird) i cant help you with.
Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Otto Baron on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 02:10 am:

I always thought they were overlapping draftsman tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 02:52 am:

I have always heard that the winged pyramid was cancelled when Henry Ford discovered that it was an Egyptian hyroglyph that indicated the scarab beetle--also known as the "dung beetle".

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 07:32 am:

I would like to add a little more now that I am home from work (night shift). I do believe that this story is possible as I first heard it 25 years ago. If you consider America in 1912 they were interested in everything Egyptian--it would only be 10 years later when Howard Carter discovered king Tut's tomb.

As far as the winged pyramid being a "hieroglyph" (or however it is spelled), I think the proper term is a "cartouche" for an individual symbol. I do believe that the winged pyramid is an Egyptian symbol.

The "beetles" are an order of insects named "coleopetera", the largest order in the world with over 120,000 species. The "scarabs" are a family of this order and among this family are the dung beetles that lay an egg then roll it up in animal waste in a big ball.

For many years the VW "beetle" was either the only car that passed production of the Model T or came in second--I don't remember but this is also something that tells me about how the cars were manufactured and sold. Our Model T's might be refered to as the original "beetles". Whoever chose the "dung beetle" symbol probably got fired when H.F. found out if this is true--and I don't discount it.

Tim Moore--MSU pest control and remember your taxomony--(how we classify all living things), Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genius, Species. Unlike an insect a Model T can't be identified down to species because they don't have an "antenea" to count the segments or the other body features--but some here can identify features of a specific year to the month and are skilled in mechanical "entomology".

Sorry for any spelling errors--been up 20 hours and don't care.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICK/TORONTO on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 10:26 am:

Dunno I think I like Ottos explaination better if I was in the company of Chevy guys.....LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 08:59 pm:

Interesting the Eygptian thing was brought up, In the Book "Ragtime" there is a chapter that was cut from the Movie, Probably more fiction than fact. In it Ford meets with J.P. Morgan, at Morgan's request, shortly after the introduction of the Model T. Morgan is fascinated by Ford's inginuiety & the fact his features remind him of Rameses the Great's Mummy. Together they form a 2 man secret Egyptian society.

Alex

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration