Words of Wisdom

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Words of Wisdom
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Speedster Inc. on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 08:21 pm:

Don't we know someone who is #23

1. A day without sunshine is like night.

2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.

3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.

6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

9. Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

11 . Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

13. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.

14. OK, so what's the speed of dark?

15. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

16. Ha rd work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?

18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?

20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name?

21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, 'What the heck happened?'

22. Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.

23. Light travels faster than sound.. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

24. Life isn't like a box of chocolates; it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

TRY THIS:

A gallon of gasoline and a quart of oil,
A piece of wire to make a coil,
An old tin can and a piece of board,
And there you are, you have a Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Watson on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 10:07 pm:

What a Xmas... My brother asks my parents for another car for free.

My niece tells my mother that she "hates Christmas."

What an embarassment. Unreal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 12:44 am:

Speedster Inc, Thanks,for a good laugh. Are you familiar with the comedian Steven Wright? If not you would love him. "If your car would go the speed of light, would your head-lights work"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Watson on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 10:43 am:

Somethings my brother just does not get things straight. Our father ASKED me if I would want a car he was trading in. In return I am giving him back his old car so he can trade that in.
Go ask Dad how it all came about before you go trashing my name on this forum AGAIN!
Isn't this forum suppose to be about Model Ts, care, upkeep and related material?

Gary Watson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George P. Clipner on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 08:02 pm:

Eric, there's one in every family We have our allotment. Sister and nephew. Hang in there.

George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 09:32 am:

John,

As the car approched the speed of light, the head lights would still work, and appear the same to someone in the car. A stationary observer could sense the light but it would be a different frequency, very high, quite beyond the visible. It is all relative.

The amount of energy to accelerate a Model T to the speed of light is astronomical, E = M C squared. The 20 HP engine is not going to cut it.

I know you are making a joke, but this kind of thing is interesting to think about. See "A Short History of Time" by Stephen Hawking.

Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 10:06 am:

Neil, not even downhill? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne in Malvern, PA on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 12:48 pm:

Yes, but according to quantum theory there is a definite possibility, however remote, that a Model T could spontaneously accellerate to the speed of light. Just like there is a definate possiblity, however remote, that the bus that is about to hit you in your T parked at a stoplight will diffract around you...

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration