Wood plans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Wood plans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Sandberg on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 12:03 pm:

Looking for a supplier of wood or wood plans for a 26 Roadster. I can buy the wood blocks for engine, steering etc from normal suppliers but I am looking for the various wood items within the "cab" area and "tack rail" for the rear of the back seat and top . I do not find where "normal" suppliers have these items in stock
Thanks Don S

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 02:40 pm:

Don,

Cubels sells wood kits for the 1926-27 roadsters (and other years and bodies) see: http://www.fordwood.com/roadsters1913-27.htm and click on the diagram and the check out their price list. Note Lang's has the tack strip listed in their catalog but I do not know if they are one of the vendors you checked with that do not have them in stock. They were listed for the 1926-27 roadster as part # WTS-4 page 121 and that is included in their roadster body wood kit part # BWK3 on page 122.

There is not a lot of wood in a 1926-27 roadster. And since it is not structural and is usually hidden by the upholstery -- you may want to check and see if there are some other options that would work for you. See also the posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/23448.html

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Sandberg on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 06:38 pm:

Hap: Thanks for all the leads on wood items, hope I can get far enough in this hobby that I can also be of some help to "newbies". Cudos to you.

Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Boe on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 06:48 pm:

Greetings Don, I recently replaced the tackrail on my 26 roadster. I used the hardwood kit that Snyder's sells. It is several pieces of wood that have been cut to curve around the back of the seat. They are not steam bent. They clearly state in the catalog that some fitting may be required, and let me tell you they were not kidding. I am not trying to put snyders down at all, they have always gone above and beyond for me. If I were to do it again, I would use the synthetic tackrail that is sold by the Cubels. I have only heard great things about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 06:50 pm:

I used the synthetic tack strip from Cubel's on my '24 and it worked well and was easy to install.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration