Busy day at work today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Busy day at work today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim ( www.ModelTengine.com ) on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 05:43 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 08:59 pm:

I'd post a picture of what I did today,except it would be a pile of wood bigger than that car. It will help heat the shop this winter. Before starting I metal-preped 14 rims for new wheels we are working on rewooding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 09:53 am:

I mulched my azalea beds and mowed the yard with my mower with Gator blades on it.If you got leaf problems,get Gator blades for the mower.Chop-chop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 12:28 pm:

I put my boat away for the winter. Funny thing, it's so much bigger when I put it in the barn. I thought I'd cleaned up more space than that. <grin>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 05:27 pm:

I have been sitting around doing not much except for voting and visiting the market to get some food. It rained today which is about the first time since April. At least the first time it was enough to get the ground quite wet. Yesterday, I was cutting brush to reduce the fire hazard, and today it rained! It's kind of like washing the car! Anyway I expect several more "Santa Ana" winds before the rainy season sets in, so will keep on clearing brush. This is the first time I cleared since 2003 when the "Cedar Fire" burned within 100 feet of the property. It has grown quite a bit in 5 years, and since I lost my job I have to keep busy. Got all 3 of the Model T's running so don't have any projects with them at this time.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 06:53 pm:

I like what Tim did best.

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 07:00 pm:

I did the vote thing too like Norman,

then a little package arrived from Fun Projects containing fuse kits for the T.

So installed the weatherproof 25amp fuse in the yellow battery wire to the terminal block. Now this thing was made to install under the car for keeping the 'look' original, but I preferred the under hood install.

Besides, when the lights go out, or the starter won't crank, I can see that thing right away when I open the hood! The yellow bonnet on the yellow wire will remind me a fuse is there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karl schlachter on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 07:15 pm:

Well what I showed up to at work on monday was a shop that had been broken in to on sunday night. They hooked up a cable to a window and snatched it out. All my really good Snap-on tools were gone, didn't get any of my air tools, but I use my Snap-on 1/4" stuff everyday, just now got phone lines working that they cut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 01:39 am:

Karl,I am sorry to read about the loss of your tools.That type thing will be more common as the economy slows and it gets closer to the holidays.Hard to beleive people steal from others to buy Christmas presents but they do.
Norman,get you a good walkbehind sickle bar mower,like a Jari,and run it over those areas once in a while.Takes a little walking but it makes it easyer to maintain a "unmaintained"area for the purpose you are working for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 02:16 am:

I made antimatter until our linac died.
You had more fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 07:38 am:

Karl, sorry to hear of your misfortune. I sure hope that your tools were insured.

Yesterday, among other things,I finished the magneto-powered LED taillights for Jim Daw's '26 and cleaned out the garage to make room for the '22 Wills-St.Claire which will move in tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 08:04 am:

I voted and made soup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 10:18 am:

I don't think a mower would do it. It is hilly and covered with scrub Oaks and Creosote bush, Sage brush, Buckwheat, Ceonothas, Cactus etc. We call it Chapparal. The green bushes have to be thinned out and the dead wood cut off. The Creosote bush I like to eradicate, because in hot dry weather it is like tinder.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 10:48 am:

Seth, your new toy, or helping someone else?
Interesting car, the Wills StClair + connections to Ford: http://www.freewebs.com/willsstclair/index.htm
Any pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 11:15 am:

Roger,

The lights are for Mr. James (Jim) Daw, a "semi-regular" poster here for his '26. And, I could never afford the Wills unless I became homeless.

The '22 Wills is a very low mileage roadster w/rumble seat, painted a gorgeous maroon, with an OHC V-8 and belongs to a good friend of mine, 76 years old whose father was a Wills dealer here in Shreveport before they went into receivership in 1922. The car still has dealer tags as it was never sold. Our local auto museum is closing so the Wills and also his '13 Metz must be moved out. I'm the lucky guy that gets to bring it back to running condition. It is restored but hasn't run in over 15 years.

I'll take some pictures and post them on the forum even though a Wills isn't a T but does have connections, for sure!

"Retirement" is great - even at 50.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 11:19 am:

Dan:

Glad you got the fuses OK. The suggested place for the installation is at the starter end of that yellow wire not just for appearance sake. Fuses are most effective if placed as near the source of power as possible. While installation at the firewall as you have done is way better than no fuse at all, the harness wires from the starter switch to the barrier terminal block are unprotected from shorts to the body or frame that might occur.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 09:06 pm:

Seth email me about the Wills St. Clair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G Anderson on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 01:47 pm:

you can join the Metz/Waltham discussion Group at the link below it's free.
This group is for the discussion of vehicles built by Charles Metz in Waltham & Brockton, Ma. known as the Metz Automobile Co.
Also discussion of American Manufacturing Co / Waltham Manufacturing Co. cars built by George M. Tinker and James W. Piper and others.
They include:
Orient Motorcycle
Orient Bicycle & tricycle
Orient Buckboard
Metz Automobile
American Motor Co.
Oriten
Marsh-Metz
Orient-Aster
American Steamer
Waltham Steam Buggy
Comet Bicycles
Waltham
Metz Company
autogos
Plan Car
Doble Steam Automobile

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/MetzAuto

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration