Ebay alternative maby?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Ebay alternative maby?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 12:44 am:

http://www.plunderhere.com/
A friend sent this link to me today.They dont have any old car parts listed much.Must be a reletively new site.
It might be that some of us could put a few small items on there to at least show support for a alternative to Ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 12:54 am:

There is another alternative to ebay if people would use it. John Birk has a web site auction with nothing but T Parts Right now there is 40 model T items and will build to 50 shortly and stay at least 50 if people will use it.

http://modeltauction.com/ProBid/

If you have any problems with the site let me know and I will try to help you
spot light

combination light and Horn button

Spot Light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 01:43 am:

I have used the 2ed site. As far as buying and selling, I have been using ebay because when I'am in a pinch and need to rase fast cash to pay bills, it's quick (if the item sells). I am not sure if it offers (the 2ed site) a shorter turnaround but 30 days plus wating for payment just will not pan out for me.
Ebay with all their bad points has tapped into a huge customer base, esp. for nitch marketing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 12:19 pm:

Mark:

Your right ebay does offer a huge customer base. I constantly read where guys are critical of ebay but they don't seem to want to switch to anything else.

I have absolutly no conection to John Birks auction site but I would like to see it succeed.

It costs the seller NOTHING (fREE fREE fREE) to post an item on the auction site. Also you can limit the time from one day to 4 weeks and every thing in between. What does a seller have to loose.

Cameron Pass

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 04:24 pm:

Dave;
Not a thing! That is good info. Thanks
Time to try it again.
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 07:13 pm:

Thanks,I will learn more about that site as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 01:45 am:

One ohter thing I forgot to mention is that you can post pictures on the Birk Auction Site. You can post as many pictures as you like and again thee is NO COST. People and I am one of them like to see pictures of an item before they buy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 01:45 am:

One ohter thing I forgot to mention is that you can post pictures on the Birk Auction Site. You can post as many pictures as you like and again thee is NO COST. People and I am one of them like to see pictures of an item before they buy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 08:27 am:

I tried John Birk's site just yesterday and it appears to work fine.

E-bay reminds me of a little kid that has outgrown all his clothes.

Walmart wll not always be the biggest retailer and E-bay will not always be the biggest on-line market. There is always a better idea out there waiting in the wings. Perhaps John has a few better ideas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 06:31 pm:

OK so I am trying it again, the auction. I would like to see at least the current price without opening the item. Free is a very good price :-)
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 07:04 pm:

When eBay in Australia did its "paypal only" experiment there were threats by many users to leave and use other auction sites instead.
No surprises that the other auction sites are still just as quiet as they always have been.
Problem is eBay has the largest amount and best variety of stuff for sale and if you want something obscure you're much more likely to find it there than anywhere else. It's a bit like having to use Microsoft products; don't like it but if you don't use it you're left out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 08:41 pm:

Seems like the prices there are higher starting than they are at finish on ebay. Maybe I'm just to scotch?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 09:11 am:

Jack:

The end price is what is important. If you compare some of the more popular items like an NH Carburetor I think you will find the end price much lower becasue you have fewer people bidding on an item.
Anyway thanks for looking.

http://modeltauction.com/ProBid/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmyc on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 07:57 pm:

Hi, I'm glad you guyes have found Plunderhere. I've been a car guy since I was a kid and I'm now a tech at Plunderhere. We are currently working on an improved vehicles section but until then I hope you enjoy what we have. If you need any help email me at site[at]plunderhere.com (BTW, i'm a chevy guy so if you need help with some ford parts.. ;p just joking, see ya soon!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim williams on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 10:10 pm:

Hey Mark G

How's the hack coming along? My speedster is still running fine thanks to your help. I'll shoot you an email in the next few days.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Knight on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 03:20 am:

Hi Forum...

I,m an old car buff and a friend and I have started an alternative to ebay site called myejar.com . I got fed-up with ebays rule changes. I have a 28 Jewett and some Chevy stuff listed. I sure wish you guys (and gals) would check us out. We have free listings for life going on now just for signing up and placing 1 item for sell. Thanks weelndln

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tman on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 08:42 am:

Thatís a lot of info to give to register on an unsecured site.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration