Restored in two days.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Restored in two days.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 01:10 pm:

OK, it's only a $2 jack, but it turned out to be in great condition. I scraped off the petrified grease, soaked the thing in Blue Lightning, prepped it, sprayed on a couple of coats of appliance epoxy, and cooked it at about 170 for a couple of days. I'm assuming this is one of the earlier TT jacks, as the picture in the 1928 book shows a separate handle for the ones sold then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 12:15 am:

That's a nice looking Model T car jack, not a TT truck jack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 12:31 am:

Here's why I took this to be a TT jack.

The number on the handle is 3391.

The parts book shows that number on the TT jack handle. The jack in the picture looks like mine except for the separate handle.

The same page shows the T jack looking very different.

Can anybody explain why I have a T jack, and not TT? Is there a reference anyone can cite?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 12:01 am:

Steve,
The TT jack is a bit heavier than a T jack. The 2343 ratchet jack shown is used on the later Model T's. The earlier cars used the screw jack that you painted.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration