My New TT Project

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: My New TT Project
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Nicholson on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 11:41 pm:

HI, Just thought I would share a couple of pics of my new TT. Maybe it will get your minds off the amount of Turkey we all ate today!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 12:04 am:

I love the tow equipment! Looks like you got a winner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 12:19 am:

...and they come in handy for towing in ole Lizzies that stumble on club nat'l tours too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 12:30 am:

A beauty - great find!

Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Nicholson on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 12:51 am:

Dan do have a close up picture on the tow bar and how it hooks to the car and tow truck?? Thanks Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie in Houston on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 01:05 am:

Dan, I Think you borrowed a photo from my T barn.
That T Truck was assembled in my barn. My youngest son liked the chevy disk wheels and added the wrecker boom for an added touch.
He has lots of fun with the wrecker, thanks for posting the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Nicholson on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 01:30 am:

I guess I should redirect my question to Willie. If you have some pics, please email me at model_t_rescuespam@yahoo.com (remove spam) Thanks Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 09:00 am:

Willie in Houston; Did you post a picture of an ultra simple (but ultra cute) T speedster several years back? I believe it had maroon wood wheels and a flat aluminum or steel rear deck. If so, would you post another picture or send a PM to me with it? Thanks, Jeff P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne in Malvern, PA on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 10:26 am:

Yours is the first picture I've seen of the three-can "road flare" smudge pots (three cans stacked vertically next to the spare tire on the wrecker). I have a set mounted on my AA Stakebed which probably get more questions than the truck itself does.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 10:33 am:

Willie

Took these of your son's hauler at the Iowa nat'l meet two years back. He and his buddies were great help during the tour towing T's in distress.

Don't have anymore close-ups other than these pics. Maybe you can post the details of the hitch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie in Houston on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 12:59 pm:

In reply to Dan and Paul, My son Luke and his brother Jeff who was one of the team in Clear Lake did most of the work on the wrecker. Luke will attempt to get some close-up photos of the hitch etc and E-mail the two of you
In reply to Jeff Perkins, no that was not my speedster. Mine has wire wheels and has not been on a tour yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 08:10 pm:

Willie,

Please ask them boys of yours to get me some dimentions on that "cradle" that they use to lift the rear end of the cars.

I would really like to make one or ten up as they are really handy!!

Tell them Chuck said HI and Happy Bleated Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

Chuck
Currently at Mom's in the "Buick City"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie in Houston on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 09:24 pm:

Chuck, I will pass this on to Luke as he is our wrecker man.
Hope you had a good Turkey Day.
Willie
PS: It is always good to see you and some of the younger generation enjoying the Model T's.
Money, education, women and lots of things at a young age prevent the younger generation from getting into the old car hobby.
One of my sons friend Lewis become daddy on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We have a partially restored car waiting for him when things get back to normal in his life. He was in Clear Lake with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie in Houston on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 08:56 pm:

There were some questions on a TT hitch. The pictures should be self explanatory.
Sorry it took so long to respond, but retirement keeps me away from the computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie in Houston on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 09:45 pm:

Here are some examples of the different tow bars and hitches that were use in the Model T days.
Lots of cars were converted to trailers for farm use. Some after market factory cast hitches were used and a lot more were back yard engineered.
One of the pictures is of the hitch used at the Clear Lake tour and also the rear end of the wrecker. I hope this answers some questions.
Willie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie in Houston on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 09:59 pm:

Paul, if you have any close-up pictures of the wrecker boom, my wrecker son would like to see them and the manufactor of the wrecker if known?
Just left click my name and the E-mail should come up.
Thanks Willie

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration