I always thought this was missing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: I always thought this was missing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 04:24 pm:

I always thought this was missing from the new forum. Yesterday wile working at the Univ. on the give-a-way wood toys for tots, when I was standing there sanding the same toy part over and over and over I got this thought how this might work. This link is my attempt at what my idea was and hope you guys find it useful. Jerry

List of member Profile's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 04:31 pm:

Well that didn't work, let me try a second time since I cannot delete that post.

Corrected link

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 06:29 pm:

Thats great Jerry....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Pappas on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 06:38 pm:

Great idea, but I don't think everyone is listed on the list.
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 07:02 pm:

So Jerry, if this is what you think about when you sand toys over and over and over again, what do you think about when you cut the grass, over and over and over again? LOL

Good idea!

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 07:18 pm:

Neat....my name comes up with someone elses!
Mark Gregush comes up with Gaylen Gammons. Ok it has some bugs to work out :-) but I like it.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tman on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 08:36 pm:

looks good

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 10:41 pm:

Answers:....Mark your fixed now. Yes not everyone is listed but think about this...I spent 2 1/2 hours "harvesting" profiles from posts going back 4 weeks, any posters w/o a profile and only an e-mail address are not listed, and there is a hundred names on that list. I can think of a few who are not yet, but they didn't post with a profile in the last month. If anybody finds one not working right let me know, if you aren't on the list yet let me know what your profile is I'll add ya. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 10:51 pm:

Jerry,

Click the blue name, should be me :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 11:02 pm:

Jerome,

I like it. You misspelled my name but I still like it. (G)

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 11:35 pm:

Thats great! I have tried several times before to find a specific person and the only way I could do it was pour over threads and try to find where they had posted. Search funtion rarely works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 11:41 pm:

Paul Mikeska your now corrected. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 11:57 pm:

c'mon guys, some of your profiles are pretty boring. We'd like to know a little more about you than when you joined and where you live.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 11:59 pm:

Thanks Jerome, this is a really neat tool.
Can it be ported into the website as a feature?
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 12:18 am:

hey, I'm listed twice, once as Noel Denis, once as Noel Denis Chicoine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 12:21 am:

Jerome: Those of us whose name begins with an "F" seem to be hiding from the list. :-)

Barry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 12:25 am:

Jerome,

Thanks for the correction. Actually, for some strange reason, I am used to my name being misspelled. Now if you, or any one else, could explain how to get a picture posted with my profile............

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Pappas on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 12:25 am:

You have done a great thing there, and it is really useful.

Please add:

John Pappas

Thanks,
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 12:38 am:

Hey Noel, I'm not listed at all, so we cancel each other out......or something ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 01:39 am:

v4.1 DiscusWare Administration http://support.discusware.com/manuals/admdoc41/optmgb04.html (also supported in v4.0)
"Access Control": second setting (registered users and moderators only)?
"Other Options": swings and roundabouts in this one.

Access Control
Who may view user list: You can choose any of the following settings:
* Anyone: Anyone with access to your board can view the member list. This includes unregistered guests who may be viewing your board.
* Registered users and moderators: Any registered user or moderator who has logged in can view the member list.
* Moderators only: Only moderators can view the member list.

Other Options
Allow users to prevent themselves from being listed: If checked, users and moderators are given an option in their profiles to prevent themselves from being listed on the member list. If this box is not checked, any eligible member will be listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas J. Miller "Tom" on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 07:50 am:

My thoughts:

First, I have a lot of really cool things in my profile like my mantra. However, I can't show all this information because my profile only has three boxed "shown" options. Everything else is hidden whether I like it or not. I have yet to find out why.

Second, I found out too much information is bad. A while back when the International site had their directory out in the open, I received a few personal scam attempts from a lady telling me she thinks I now own her grandfather's Model T truck and she would appreciate an opportunity to see it. The only problem was no one in my family has ever owned a Model T truck. I later found out several other people on that list were also contacted.

Finally, and more so lately, I notice many people are running around posting on this site covertly. Either they use a first name, a clever moniker that really isn't their name, or aliases like Squirrel Nuzzler. A few times this week I've seen weblinks to buy Pamela Anderson's used knee socks or similar that were posted by the creeps. I get a little nervous with all these unknown posters and wish I could see more than "scammer@scammer.net" when I click their names.

While I think your link to the directories is great work Jerry, I maintain the open access policy to this site may someday be its downfall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 08:26 am:

Tiny URL offers a similar service at http://tiny.cc/

Evidently we have a lot of members in the Secret Service or CIA, that don't want to be known and prefer the right to post that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Bunner on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 10:26 am:

Hey Hap!
Is that you in that picture of the T?
That's just Great! :-)
Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas J. Miller "Tom" on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 01:32 pm:

Case in point, some creep hacked into the Wright Brake adapter for pre-26 cars today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tman on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 03:40 pm:

I guess I just don't post enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Gaffrey on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 03:58 pm:

Tman. Maybe I don't either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jim kirkpatrick on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 06:20 pm:

great job jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lewis R. Rash on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 06:35 pm:

Are you going to add some of us that post less frequently??

Lewis R Rash
1926 Tudor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 06:58 pm:

Jerry, You can include me!! Like "Tom" above, my profile allows only 3 items to be shown. No option to include other info. WHY??? And, as previously mentioned, any way to have a permanent link to it, perhaps in the boxed area that includes keyword search etc.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 07:26 pm:

Just uploaded an update, current as of 3:30pm. I will next do an update on Wednesday, so all those requesting addition over the next two days will be added then. This update with additional 14 names took me 1.5 hrs. Hey it's my day off and I kinda like this stuff but don't do it enough to be fluentin it. Gotta go as it's dinner time and still have to get ready for my S.A.L. meeting tonight. Later Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 08:35 pm:

Thanks for including me. Hey, I just looked at my profile and saw that I am a senior member....sort of like a senior citizen, I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 08:50 pm:

Great Idea!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel (Indiana Trucks) on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 09:06 pm:

Put my name on the list. I forgot I even had a profile till this post came up! Maybe I will go in and put a little more stuff in it later.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 09:23 pm:

I like the idea.I hope it works out.I allready get stupid emails telling me I won some money in England or something.I aint never entered anything in England,Do them scammers think I am that stupid?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Lantz on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 09:38 pm:

Add me please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Adair on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 09:43 pm:

Me too.......thanks, Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 11:10 pm:

Thanks Jerry,

I will tell your Mom what a good boy you are.

Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 12:31 am:

Jerome,
Thanks, first time I was number one in anything. It's amazing what happens to gray matter while doing a repetetive job. Albert Einstein came up with the theory of relativity when he was working as a postal clerk, so I guess your in good company.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Pappas on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 01:53 am:

Great work! And very time consuming for you! Thank you for that! If I or someone else could help, please ask.
It would be good now to have that link up on the header, maybe in the "Profile" section or something like that. Otherwise, this link may gravitate downward until we've forgotten where it is and what its title was.
I'd hate to see all your work not be easily accessible.
Thank you again.
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kiefaber on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 03:06 am:

Hello..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 09:29 am:

The other forumns I post on have a signature option.at the end of your post can be a silly saying or a thumbnail of your project or whatever.It give you a chance to make a statement without it being a part of your post.

for example 1 of the sigs I use is this 1.
"There are no garrentees in life,Your Birth certificate didnt come with a warrenty."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 12:24 pm:

Just finished up adding 20+ more names, even took the time to make it faster for later updates. The names should be in order and open in a new window. Thanks for all the positive comments. Jerry

Fourm Profiles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 12:55 am:

Just finished up the latest update, now over 180 members listed. I have 2 small things to fix, so if you Guys find any more or to add let me know. Jerry

Forum Profiles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 01:27 am:

Jerry,
You have done good...better than sliced bread. Keep up the good work.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 09:06 am:

How can we get this as a "link" in the header box, or on the Home Page????????? Does any one know if this is doable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lewis R. Rash on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 10:20 am:

Would you add me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jim kirkpatrick on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 01:38 pm:

add me jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J McCrary on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 04:40 pm:

feel free to add me too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 06:52 pm:

Count me in---I appear as a "senior" member---Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 03:08 pm:

To keep this thread current.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 03:39 pm:

Jerry,

Thank you for all your hard work. It makes it easier for folks to find the profiles.

For Michael,

In answer to your Mon, Dec 8 question -- I just got around to reading the thread again today and saw your question about the photo on my profile. Yes, that is me -- Hap and Blackie -- our 1915 cut off -- in the picture. It was back when I was around 6 or so. It appears I was disturbed that we were not riding or driving the T. Dad is in the background so Mom must have taken the picture.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 08:14 pm:

Ten minutes ago I uploaded an update. There now is 224 names on the list and I still can think of a few not on the list. One of the biggest reasons is the poster does not have a profile and only uses an e-mail address, or they have a profile, and still only posts with an e-mail address so I haven't been able to find the profile. A few posters have two or more profiles, maybe a forgotten password or ?? The current list may not get updated for a few weeks but the biggest chunk is there. Thanks for everyone's support, and info-updates. Thanks Dave for your help working to check that the links line up with both the correct profile and spelling( most where a typo). If someone is still not on the list and wants me to add them in let me know, same for if someone wants OFF the list. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Owen - Elizabethtown, KY on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 05:15 pm:

Jerry,
I would like to be added.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 07:12 pm:

Me also,
Harvey ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 11:10 pm:

Happy New Year. There are now 290 profiles listed and 35 e-mail links on the newly uploaded page. Thanks David Norton-I'm still working on adding the names you've forwarded. After working through them the list could more than double. So for now this is the current update. Jerry

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration