Model T Truck Manual Turn Signal?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Model T Truck Manual Turn Signal?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judith West on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 01:51 pm:

My husband and I have been inquiring for years about a device we bought from an antique dealer who, like us, didn't know what it was but thought it was a very cool whateveritwas. Just today, we got a note from a gentleman who identified it as a turn signal/indicator for a Model T truck from the 1920s. I've hunted the Net for an image confirming this, but haven't been able to locate anything. A couple of other manual signal pics suggest ours may indeed be one. Does anyone on this forum have any info/verification/etc. that might help us confirm or disprove this ID? We're in Chicago, if that helps. And thanks in advance. -- JudithVillard Auto Signal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 02:37 pm:

Judith, I left the message. Ive been looking for one for my model tt truck. I Googled "Villard semaphore signal" and yours came up.
Here's what I have on it from the "Chilton July 1929 Catalogue and Directory". It is a photo ad just like yours with out the stanchion that yours is mounted to. I assume the wood stand was for display purposes for the dealer. The ad states "Drive safely Villard Truck and Bus Signal. Over one half million now in use, legal every where". Villard Auto Signal Co. 200 Turpin St. Rochester New York. Sincerely, John Berch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Whetstone on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 10:40 am:

The Patent for the device (1460625 July 3, 1923) states it was a signal "especially adapted to use on trucks and other commercial vehicles".

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration